scope shopping....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score
Recently acquired a new (to me) gun and I have been looking at some scopes. Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Riflescope with 4-Plex Reticle, Matte Black, Redfield Revolution 3-9x50mm Riflescope with 4-Plex Reticle, Matte Black, the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40, Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x50. They would all work nicely. Looks like I need to decide if I want the 40mm or 50mm. Which I don't think it will make to much difference. I'm really liking/leaning toward the Redfield 50mm. Right now just checking around

All those scopes would be great choices. The VX Freedom may have a little better glass and just a touch less eye relief but still having plenty. I’ve owned both the 40mm Redfield and the 50mm Freedom and was happy with both of them.

I prefer the 40s, they are not so high off the barrel so cheek weld is better for me.

I would very highly recommend the Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x50.. The Redfield is also a fine rifle scope but the the 3-9x50 is in an entirely different league in my opinion.

I went today and looked at a Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x50. Nice!!!!

Genuine Leupolds are great scopes. Watch out for the counterfeit China replicas, they are junk. EBay lists several as Leupold, eBay should be prosecuted.

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 on my Knight. It's a great scope. Haven't been super impressed in low light but all else is steller. I have also been very impressed with the Nikon Monarch series. As clear as the Zeiss and hold zero very well. Both have great warranties. Minox is an overlooked high quality scope. The ZV series are not the quality the ZA series give with the HD series being the best overall. Depends on how many dollars you want to spend. I ran a very inexpensive Simons 1X on my Knight for years and loved it. Killed many deer with that setup. Hope this helps.

Back