scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will get many answers because it is prefrance, if you are meaning $250 for just the scope and not bases and rings i like the leupold ultimate slam (i have owned 2 of them). I have heard the leatherwood hi lux is nice also and is a touch cheaper.

That depends, if you shoot or hunt long range [over 100yds] then it is nice to have a BDC to give you and aim point for the long yardage. In that case a Nikon Omega is what I use and like. Some like the circles as I do each circle gives 3 aim point s top middle and bottom some like the lines. If you don't shoot long distance the a less pricey scope is indicated. It is my experience that Nikon Scopes work well with my muzzle loaders I like the 5 inch eye relief the Omega has.

As Lee asked.. it would depend on what your shooting situation is. Many shooters feel that for long distance they have to get a 3-9 or better optics on the rifle. I prefer a 2-7x32mm scope. And in that class the Nikon Pro Staff comes into play. Around $140.00 and less at other stores, this is a great scope for the money. You can get them with a BDC if you shoot long range.

Great luck with the Nikon ProStaff here,....got a couple Weaver 3-10x40 Grand Slams I really like too,...pretty sure the Weaver comes in around 265.00 at Natchez though,..might be a bit more $$ then your scope budget allows. Just my 2 cents

dthomason said:
What is the best scope for a T/C Omega for less than $250.

I know, i know, you wrote less than $250, but i am sitting here waiting to watch football, and then go hunting. Sorry, but i cannot stifle myself.

My favorite scope is the 4 power Leupold. One can use low rings, and mount the scope nice and tight to the barrel. The wide duplex is my favorite reticle. Later on, if you decide, you can add a cds dial to this scope, which will allow you to shoot out to 300 yard without having any lines, circles, or whatever cluttering up the view in the scope.

With this scope on your Omega, both rifle and scope, are made in America.

Im still pretty happy with the Redfield Revolution 2x7x33 which are now made by Leupold in Oregon. Its actually almost identical to the Leupold 2x7x33 specs.

Its long enough for easy ring placement but short enough to be reasonably light weight. The 3" eye relief seems to work ok on the few MLs ive mounted them on. Sofar mine have endured the recoil of the GMB54cal and my NULA 50cal smokeless which can deliver a lot of recoil.

I also really like the older Nikon Omega 3x9x40 BDC250 but ive had problems mounting it on some guns due to the long eye relief and its short. It wont fit my Savage as an example with common Warnes bases but should fit most other guns. IIRC the BDC is a bit different on the newer version but all the other dimensions are similar.

I think Natchex still has the Nikon Omega 1.65x5x36 available for just under $100 which is a steal. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... dID=NK8443

A mount that offers extended eye relief might be needed but IIRC DNZ offers a very nice one piece rings/base with the extra relief for a T/C Omega. The total cost should be well within your price range.

Im not a big fan of the BDC or similar designs but some people really like them. The only reason i have it on my Redfields is because i like the main crosshairs with the circle around it.

41W5nDg4meL._AA300_.jpg

I like the Burris Fullfield II with ballistic plex. Nice clear glass and last I knew you could get them for under 200 dollars.

Back