Scoping a side lock Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen a few for sale on GB that just had the top of the barrel drilled and tapped for a scope base just like any other rifle. You can probably contact Weaver and see what base they sell that fits a flat top receiver and if they know what you want it for can suggest which base to get.

My son has a sidelock that is D/T on top for flat Weaver style scope bases. He has a Leupold Intermediate Eye Relief scope on it. It sits in a spot where it doesn't come anywhere near the hammer, offers excellent field of view and balances nicely. His rings are quick release Leupolds (with the little lever on them). He can take the scope off in a few seconds to use the sights. It goes back on and holds zero.

I have a T/C New Englander with a base from T/C that I have a scope on I use it a lot I do like it. I also use my .54 cal with the iron sights a lot also.

I was having the same issues, had my doctor check my eyes and was told of my issues.  Two weeks later had surgery with lenses replaced in both eyes, now back to 20/20 vision with no issues.   :ttups:  The best part my insurance paid for the surgery.

Latest posts

Back