Second Guessing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
PA Opener is coming up and i have never opened one w/out the 06' or 7mmRemingtonm Mag. I have been shooting the Pro Hunter and am confident in my shooting abilities to make the connect out to 125-150 yards. That is real in my stand, and further out to 350 if i wanted. Igot the 50/40 sabot, 200 grain 10mm xtp, shooting w/ 110 grains of BH209. First day in pA CF season can be hectic. I always do this which gun which load, it gets worse as i pack for camp. I will be out the whole week after Thanksgiving hunting pA then Ohio. I will definitely use the Pro in Ohio. Help it's hunting season and I can't think straight, I'm not sleeping, this is crazy for the past 40+ years it gets like this!!

I feel i am at no disadvantage with a Muzzleloader at 200yds and under. Take the GUN you are more comfortable with. You sure dont want to be stressed out hunting. :)

I'll be in Tioga County for the PA opener. I'll hunt Monday and Tuesday and will carry a 7mm-08. Here in NY I carry the inline for all of the shotgun and then the muzzleloader seasons. I enjoy using all long guns and the bow.

The rifle is not allowed in my area of NY so the fact that I can carry it in PA adds to the enjoyment of another opening day.

If you have that much confidence in your musket and you enjoy it, what the heck, why not carry it? Who cares about a second shot at a running 10 point 140" buck????? :cry:

Have fun and don't sweat it. Good luck in PA and Ohio.

Latest posts

Back