Shockwave 250 gr. Bonded

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barnes 250 TEZ if you want a blood trail. By far the best muzzleloading bullet made right now.

Barnes 250 TEZ if you want a blood trail. By far the best muzzleloading bullet made right now.
Broad statement that doesn't take into account a lot of contributing factors for every situation. The TEZ 250 is an excellent bullet but there are a lot of excellent bullets.

I agree with you both, yes there are allot of good bullets, out of the 15 or so I have personally tested, the Barnes TE-Z is the best!
Never have I or anyone else in my hunting group not recovered a deer and only one has gone over 30 yards after being shot.

I shoot 90 grains of BH 209 weighed

I agree with you George to a point. Good shot placement is by far the most important part of this equation .

But... I would rather take my chances with a Barnes,Lehigh,heavy lead etc... proven bullet that I know will function like it should rather than something like a marble when the shot placement is bad like a liver gut shot etc... I shoot hundreds and hundreds of shots each and every year but sometimes bad $hit happens . Not so much with myself but I am not gonna say I am above making a poor shot. I also take kids hunting every year . Normally I make them use my guns with my proven loads but even then it is no guarantee there will always be good shot placement. That is why I want what ever bullet I feel will work the very best at the velocities I am shooting with that particular gun on that day. Give me every advantage I can get. I owe that to the animal.

I completely agree shot placement is the very most important factor. But....

I agree with you both, yes there are allot of good bullets, out of the 15 or so I have personally tested, the Barnes TE-Z is the best!
Never have I or anyone else in my hunting group not recovered a deer and only one has gone over 30 yards after being shot.

I shoot 90 grains of BH 209 weighed

What rifle do you shoot that load in because it exceeds Westerns load data for BH209?

Well I am not new to Barnes bullet I use them in my 243 cal. deer shot with them needs no blood trail,they drop on the spot.
I just ordered some TEZ 250 gr. They should be here next week .
I will report back on how they shoot

Barnes 250 gr T-EZ from CVA Accura V2. Grandson's 1st deer with his 1st shot from a BP rifle on his 1st deer hunt. Very proud grandpa.

fyhHs7vl.jpg

Question come to mind can I use the same loading jag for the shockwave bullets for the Barnes spitfire.
I hope you say YES

Barnes bullet jag on the right. This jag fits the Barnes T-EZ bullets snugly & seats the bullets samey same for each shot. JMHO
tM1xPggl.jpg

Here is a photo of the bullet cut in half. Some others for comparison.IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0020.JPG
As you can see some of the bullets have a thicker jacket than others. Hornady told me that the bullets were made that way to allow for more controlled expansion due to the higher velocities of muzzleloading rifles.

Back