Shockwave 250 gr. Bonded

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barnes 250 TEZ if you want a blood trail. By far the best muzzleloading bullet made right now.

Barnes 250 TEZ if you want a blood trail. By far the best muzzleloading bullet made right now.
Broad statement that doesn't take into account a lot of contributing factors for every situation. The TEZ 250 is an excellent bullet but there are a lot of excellent bullets.

I agree with you both, yes there are allot of good bullets, out of the 15 or so I have personally tested, the Barnes TE-Z is the best!
Never have I or anyone else in my hunting group not recovered a deer and only one has gone over 30 yards after being shot.

I shoot 90 grains of BH 209 weighed

I agree with you George to a point. Good shot placement is by far the most important part of this equation .

But... I would rather take my chances with a Barnes,Lehigh,heavy lead etc... proven bullet that I know will function like it should rather than something like a marble when the shot placement is bad like a liver gut shot etc... I shoot hundreds and hundreds of shots each and every year but sometimes bad $hit happens . Not so much with myself but I am not gonna say I am above making a poor shot. I also take kids hunting every year . Normally I make them use my guns with my proven loads but even then it is no guarantee there will always be good shot placement. That is why I want what ever bullet I feel will work the very best at the velocities I am shooting with that particular gun on that day. Give me every advantage I can get. I owe that to the animal.

I completely agree shot placement is the very most important factor. But....

I agree with you both, yes there are allot of good bullets, out of the 15 or so I have personally tested, the Barnes TE-Z is the best!
Never have I or anyone else in my hunting group not recovered a deer and only one has gone over 30 yards after being shot.

I shoot 90 grains of BH 209 weighed

What rifle do you shoot that load in because it exceeds Westerns load data for BH209?

Well I am not new to Barnes bullet I use them in my 243 cal. deer shot with them needs no blood trail,they drop on the spot.
I just ordered some TEZ 250 gr. They should be here next week .
I will report back on how they shoot

Barnes 250 gr T-EZ from CVA Accura V2. Grandson's 1st deer with his 1st shot from a BP rifle on his 1st deer hunt. Very proud grandpa.

fyhHs7vl.jpg

Question come to mind can I use the same loading jag for the shockwave bullets for the Barnes spitfire.
I hope you say YES

Barnes bullet jag on the right. This jag fits the Barnes T-EZ bullets snugly & seats the bullets samey same for each shot. JMHO
tM1xPggl.jpg

Here is a photo of the bullet cut in half. Some others for comparison.IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0020.JPG
As you can see some of the bullets have a thicker jacket than others. Hornady told me that the bullets were made that way to allow for more controlled expansion due to the higher velocities of muzzleloading rifles.

Latest posts

Back