Shotgun conversion anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Can't afford $1k for a pedersoli, etc. so ... $99 pawn shop shotgun (pick it up next weekend) and one of the ShortLane converters (12 gauge to 209 Muzzle Loading Adapter) will arrive Tuesday....

Anyone have any experience with this? Looking to use for range fun, small game, and possibly turkey or a backup second shot for pigs....

Can't afford $1k for a pedersoli, etc. so ... $99 pawn shop shotgun (pick it up next weekend) and one of the ShortLane converters (12 gauge to 209 Muzzle Loading Adapter) will arrive Tuesday....

Anyone have any experience with this? Looking to use for range fun, small game, and possibly turkey or a backup second shot for pigs....
LMAO Now I get your messg .........This is the messg I told you about lmao. Are you loling too. Too cool my friend.

So I'm new to this. Can you describe the load? I'm guessing you pour in a given amount of powder (blk or pyrodex), then some kind of wadding, then a measure of regular shot? Then maybe another wadding to keep the shot secure?
I insert the adapter without primer, then powder ( I used 80 grains by volume of Goex FG). Next you need an over powder wad. If your choke is loose enough you could use a plastic wad if not you’ll need to use something else. Then add shot. Then add your overshot wadding. Last step is to add primer. If you have a hangfire, be extremely careful about opening the action. If ignition is delayed & you open the action, the adapter could become a projectile headed your way.

I insert the adapter without primer, then powder ( I used 80 grains by volume of Goex FG). Next you need an over powder wad. If your choke is loose enough you could use a plastic wad if not you’ll need to use something else. Then add shot. Then add your overshot wadding. Last step is to add primer. If you have a hangfire, be extremely careful about opening the action. If ignition is delayed & you open the action, the adapter could become a projectile headed your way.
I hear you about the hang fire. About 40 years ago, we may have had an old can of powder, we had several hang fires. It was pretty exciting and not necessarily in a good way. Thanks for the detailed description, and the warning.

Back