Site & Load In Help Please...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamiahKid

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this forum and new to muzzleloading. I just purchased a TC Prohunter and will be siting it in this week. I plan to use a starting load of 100 gr Triple 7 (Pellets) and a 250 Grain TC Shockwave bullets. How high would I be at 50 & 100 yards if I want a 150 yard zero? Would this be a good load for whitetail? Thanks for the help.

Fred

Welcome the board Fred!

I plan to use a starting load of 100 gr Triple 7 (Pellets) and a 250 Grain TC Shockwave bullets. How high would I be at 50 & 100 yards if I want a 150 yard zero?

Your muzzle velocity should be somewhere around 1800fps using two Triple Se7en pellets and a 250gr Shockwave. IMO...a 150yd zero is a little much for this load. A 140yd zero is about right for this combo. With a 140yd zero you'll be about 2.2 inches high at 50yds and 2.5 inches hight at 100yds. You'll still be able to hold dead on to about 160yds where you'll be about 2.4 inches low.

Would this be a good load for whitetail?

ABSOLUTELY! I have used it in the past and would have no problems using it again!

Thanks Chuck

Thanks for the info Chuck, I'm headed to the range this AM and will try to get some rounds thru her.

Latest posts

Back