Smallest Idaho Whitetail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbasin

Reaction score
Had a great hunt in North Idaho but with only 2 days, it was too short. 1st day, it snowed and while I saw a few bucks I was never able to get a shot. 2nd day, I got in an old cherry orchard and had a few bucks chasing does and about 50 turkeys to watch. With my day coming to an end I had this little guy chase a doe to within 10 yards. I am so happy to have the meat and I think the head will make a unique euro mount. Rifle and load combo was the following;
.50 cal. Knight Disc Elite
250 gr. ez-load T/C Shock Wave
90gr. Pyrodex Select with a FPJ 209W primer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1447981099135.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 426
Congrats. You can't eat horns anyway. Many a winters my freezer was full of deer just like that. Enjoy the fine eating.

Hey Congrats!! Nice job :yeah:

It doesn't matter the size, or if a buck or doe. As long as it makes you happy, that's all that's important. And having some meat in the freezer is great too! :D

Not a bad size at all, in fact I shot a doe that size in our early ML season. I prefer the smaller deer steaks on the grill myself. Congrats!!

03mossy said:
Congrats. You can't eat horns anyway. Many a winters my freezer was full of deer just like that. Enjoy the fine eating.

X2 Congrats! :yeah:

Thanks guys. Always nice to share here. In Idaho' general seasons it's nice to have all the options available and use my favorite type of hunting tools.

Re: RE: Re: Smallest Idaho Whitetail

greatbasin said:
Thanks guys. Always nice to share here. In Idaho' general seasons it's nice to have all the options available and use my favorite type of hunting tool.

Re: RE: Re: Smallest Idaho Whitetail

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Smallest Idaho Whitetail

greatbasin said:
Man I'm bad at this phone app. Haha

Latest posts

Back