Some summer fishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
I'm back at the lake and went out this morning. It's hot, 94 right now, and don't hold out much hope. Went out this morning at 7. Things were pretty slow. Finally got a bite and it turned out to be a lake white fish, which I put back. Another hour and a half before got a bite. This time about a 2 lb pike. Looks like something much bigger tried to have him for breakfast. He was really chewed up with plenty of fresh open wounds. Another hour and got another bite. This is what I was after. It was a 4 lb walleye :) . Going to try again tonight.

RAF, did ya that Eye for Breakfast? :lol:

Here in PA we had major flooding this past week. I'm off next week & sure hope river conditions improve on the Lower Susquehanna.We had major flooding conditions, evacuations etc. this past week. I gotta go somewhere or the Mrs. may find some jobs for me to do around the house!:lol:

Loggy, sorry for the delay in posting. Things have been a little hectic around here. We're have some major renos being done on the house and it's a shambles. Anyway, no to breakfast. The pike was lunch as soon as I came in off the water and cleaned it. Did have an eye for supper the next day. Hope to get back up there this weekend and try for some more. It's been bloody hot lately with temps in the mid 30's C (that 85 - 90 F). We'll see.

Well, I didn't get up there till this past weekend. My wife was anxious to go out so first thing Saturday morning we headed out. Tried an old reliable spot. We're were rigging with walking sinkers, a 6 foot snell and flooting jig heads (Mepps floaters) in chartreuse and orange tipped with a leech. After and hour and a half and only one bite (pike which bit me off :x ) it was time to move. Went to a sunken island and re rigged with bottom bouncers. Just started trolling and my wife is hollerin, she's got one. Had a nice walleye up the the boat and it got off :cry: . Re baited her hook and started over. Got to the same spot and she had another. About a 3 lb walleye ended up in the live well. The wind came up and it got too hard to controll the boat, so we headed in. Took the fillet off it and dropped it in a hot pan with melted butter, coated in fish crisp. Yum :D . Went back out in late after noon. Still a little rough and had trouble controlling the boat. We got another 10 walleye, keeping 6. Sunday was a golf day and by the time we got off the course, the wind came up and lake was real rough, so no more fishing that weekend. Yesterday was also the last day of my wifes holidays(3 weeks). She's back to work this week and then has another 2 weeks. We'll be back to the lake. The fish are now in their summer haunts so I know were to look and catch 'em. 8)

Back