Spinjag bullet starters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
Curious if people have used these and what their thoughts on them are.

I'm thinking I'll need something for the Hornady Monoflex sabots in my Missouri River when in the field. I have a round ball starter but think it may deform the nose and effect accuracy.

I did get a quote from spinjag, the starter, shipping and currency conversion makes it $80 my money, which is bloody pricey in my books.

Are there any other cheaper options for loading tight sabots in the field?

I'm thinking I'll need something for the Hornady Monoflex sabots in my Missouri River when in the field. I have a round ball starter but think it may deform the nose and effect accuracy.

I did get a quote from spinjag, the starter, shipping and currency conversion makes it $80 my money, which is bloody pricey in my books.

I did drill one out loaded it up with epoxy JR WELD and inserted a projectile with a little grease till epoxy set up and the next day it worked fine ,only negative different profile needs a new jag

I have used them for years (their ramrods). Had two custom made for my Knight DISC rifles and also one for a CVA Optima. Work great! Never had an issue with them. Never had one of their bullet starters though...

I use the Spin Jag - Original. It is an excellent loading and cleaning tool!!!

This picture is with a lead conical but it also loads CEB and other pointy bullets just fine...

Spin-J-Conical.jpg

You could loosen your loading jag by a few turns allowing it to rotate as you push the bullet down the bore.

Buy once, cry once. To my knowledge, there is no better (or even equal) system out there than the
Spin-jag system. It's like buying a Rolls-Royce rather than a Yugo.

I have come close to buying them a few times but the price dissuades me everytime.

The Spin Adapter is another way to go. I use the setup below exclusively with my 45.

View attachment 14853

View attachment 14854

From what they said international shipping is a minimum of $25 usd to Aus, not my place to argue their policy though so that's fair enough.

Mind you Lee Shaver is shipping my sights to here for $6, so I know it doesn't need to be high.

I think I'll sit on it for now, from memory I have a barnes loading tip, might epoxy it into my 50 cal round ball starter and see how that goes.

I bought my first Spinjag when I noticed that the plastic tip of my bullet had pushed down into the hollowpoint. I used it hard for years and it finally got too loose. I ordered another. That is a ridiculous price. Shipping internationally is a hassle. If I remember right, it required a trip to the Post Office instead of just dropping it in the mailbox. $25 does seem excessive, and $80 seems like robbery. There are other jags that fit pointy bullets, and you can always get your rotation at the handle end.

Back