Spotting Scope...Fixed or Variable?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the eye relief on the B&L / Bushnell Elite? I wear glasses and I am concerned about this issue. And, compactness is a huge selling point. I think I've narrowed it down to three choices....the Burris Signiture 18-40X 60mm, the above mentioned Bushnell and (maybe...) the Leupold Golden Ring 12-40x 60mm.

How's the eye relief on the B&L / Bushnell Elite? I wear glasses and I am concerned about this issue.

Eye relief..
Leupold 12-40X60...30mm...man...this is SUPER eye relief!
Bushnell 15-45X60...Eagle Optics has it listed at 15mm..
Burris 18-40X60...12mm-14mm

As usual...Leupold wins the eye relief wars! 8)

Okay, one last question. I found the Nikon Spotter XL II 16-48X 60mm.
It has a 19mm eye relief....so far so good, but has anyone dealt with this scope? I wish I could go somewhere in town that carried these, but Regina is a small place. So, I really need to rely heavily on your experience and recomendations. Just from what I've read, 15mm seems to be the bare minimum for an eye glass wearer. The Bushnell and Leupold are still in contention (leupold is leading) but money is still a factor.

So, any opinions on the Nikon Spotter XL II?

Here's MY opinion...
Since EYE RELIEF is really a concern for you...Ain't really no doubt which one to pick...expecially considering most will fudge this number a little... I think you're safe bet would be the Leupold... I really hadn't considered eye relief until you mentioned it...

Latest posts

Back