Stepped away but now back

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkingeagle

Reaction score
Not sure why I was away, but regardless I’m back now. My era of preference is 19th century (1820-1890ish). So you’ll most likely see me lurking in the traditional side, also the semi-modern old levergun. Lol
Looking forward to sharing information.
Thanks
Walk

Not sure why I was away, but regardless I’m back now. My era of preference is 19th century (1820-1890ish). So you’ll most likely see me lurking in the traditional side, also the semi-modern old levergun. Lol
Looking forward to sharing information.
Thanks
Walk

It is a friendlier place here.

It's a much more pleasant place to be than the other forum.

It's a shame there aren't more on the flintlock to early caplock side here but it's still good.

It's a much more pleasant place to be than the other forum.

It's a shame there aren't more on the flintlock to early caplock side here but it's still good.

You guys are welcome to have at it and build it up. I basically joined the sister forum to read about the old flintlocks and percussion cap rifles. Don't have a flinter yet but have three percussion rifles and one pistol.

I find many good knowledgeable people on that other forum, but the snobs have just about run me off. I shoot only semi traditional, flintlock or percussion and I think that good iron sights are what should be on them, because round balls seemed to be only effective a lot shorter distances than my hunting rifles in the past. I do agree with Montana's muzzleloader regulations that don't allow mini balls, in lines, or scopes. One of the reasons for muzzleloader areas where I live, is we don't need guns that was shoot like an -06. It's not very far from some of these areas into farm yards and roads. People that insist upon using such equipment are welcome to hunt the general season where any firearm can be used, including archery.
Thanks Walk, for coming back.
Squint

I don’t want to speak ill of the other forum, as I was an active member for many years, but it seems as of late (last year or so) that everything has become political, or angry. Maybe its all the covid rules or maybe folks just forgot their manners but I do not ever remember (and I’m not young) the folks from the past ever acting as society is now. Oh well, just glad to have left the conversations taking place there. Very glad to be back here!
Walk

I only visit the other site these days to participate in the monthly postal match. It probably ebbs and flows, I've been a forum member there for quite a few years but don't post that often. I ran into an "issue" when I mentioned something w/o knowing that it was verboten. I don't need people following me trying to find violations.

Thank you Angie for the new modern muzzleloader bumper sticker. I'm going to put this one on the door of my camper, the other one I put on the bumper. I also got one from the other muzzleloader forum, and I still support them, I think both of these sites are needed. I'm also on the Kentucky forum site for muzzleloaders and I imagine others here are too along with buckskin & black powder.
I discovered long ago that I've still got things to learn.
Squint

Back