Stolen Identity sucks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
I had big plans for my income tax involving some Whites. I tried to file yesterday only to find out the irs says i already files my taxes. Now i got to go through the whole crap of straightening out the mess from whoever managed to use my SSN and name to get my taxes and who knows what else. Sometimes its the little things in life that suck. But i dont really consider this a little thing i guess.

That's no good mate,

I'm always as careful as I can be especially online with details I'm willing to provide. I have been caught out before myself, someone got my bankcard details and charged up a few hundred dollars. Now I have an email and generic details I specifically use for everything online, hasn't happened again but might be just luck.

We have to pay attention to everything today because someone's trying to rip us off.
There is one thing we will never do, use a debit card. I know of more people who've had their identity stolen only because of debit card use. Actually one family member (the other side :) ) had it stolen twice.
Now I have no clue why debit is easier to steal than credit cards, but it seems so.
1874............ I hope you get it corrected easily and soon.

There's definitely no end to the daily assault from scammers and ripoff artists.
Someone I know got their taxes hacked. It took some time to straighten it out but it did get fixed.

Last summer someone deposited 180.00 in to my Bank Then drew it back out, I ended up Buying Shoes in Paris or France? :D Starz & Encore TV, and a Few other things? Anyway, LUCKILY My Bank caught it, and Froze my Acct

Happen to my wife a few yea ago went to the irs they told her that they new who it was a woman in Indiana had tried to use several numbers but let her use my wife’s and had all ready got her refund then asked if she wanted to press charges wife said hell yeah call me when I need to show up in court they said they would take care of it give her a number to put on her tax return so I see why people do it cause they know that they ant going to do nothing to them

A few yrs. back my wife got a 14+k irs check for tax refund. We don't file taxes as our income is under the limit. I told her don't cash it of we will be payin' it back. Called irs they said yea it is for the return she filed and we told them we don't file. He said to write boldly VOID on the check and gave us a fraud dept. address to send it. Strange they won't give you a new ssn after something like this. Maybe they have to save the new ssn's for illegals.

Had my cc hacked three times in the last 18 months. I'm reasonably sure I know where it got hacked twice. Local tackle store where I shop. Twice within an hour of making a purchase there there were fraudulent purchases made with my card. Can't prove anything but I don't believe in coincidences.

Had my cc hacked three times in the last 18 months. I'm reasonably sure I know where it got hacked twice. Local tackle store where I shop. Twice within an hour of making a purchase there there were fraudulent purchases made with my card. Can't prove anything but I don't believe in coincidences.
I bet youve found a new tackle shop right

If you file your tax return online with Turbo Tax, always create a PIN number on the return and DO NOT let your browser "store" that PIN number for you. The telecom company I used to work for the accounting dept sent out our entire employees personal info to hackers IDIOTS. Lots of people had their
taxes submitted within days of W2 info coming out. I was lucky and filed immediately. The employees should have sued the hell out of the company. They did offer to pay for credit monitoring, useless when the horse is out of the barn. Never use your credit card over the cellular network either, its not encrypted. make sure the web address is https://

If you file your tax return online with Turbo Tax, always create a PIN number on the return and DO NOT let your browser "store" that PIN number for you. The telecom company I used to work for the accounting dept sent out our entire employees personal info to hackers IDIOTS. Lots of people had their
taxes submitted within days of W2 info coming out. I was lucky and filed immediately. The employees should have sued the hell out of the company. They did offer to pay for credit monitoring, useless when the horse is out of the barn. Never use your credit card over the cellular network either, its not encrypted. make sure the web address is https://
Turbotax is what i use . The horse is definitely out of the barn .

Why are they doing this, to fake a return to get a refund and it goes to a new address and then a bank account in the same name but its not you? How is this done? I dont understand.

Why are they doing this, to fake a return to get a refund and it goes to a new address and then a bank account in the same name but its not you? How is this done? I dont understand.

With todays printers, it's easy to forge the documents needed to file a fraudulent tax return. All you need is a name and a SS number.

That sucks. It seems like banks and agencies like the IRS are happy to help scammers steal identities. I bet if they were automatically held civilly and criminally responsible for all ID theft that they facilitate, it would end overnight.

Identify theft, received a letter from the Social Security thanking me for doing something, I was out of town with no access to a computer for the date they mentioned. Trip to town to visit with them.

I pay my step-mother's bills, received a $17,000 bill for her Discover card. All were fraudulent. One of the items was for paying a lawyer in Florida.

My credit card is not going on the www.

Been there, got it done to me. The leak was a county office. Any charge over a cent, I get a notice. TV subscriptions and call in for food take out. I'm not a big fan of cameras, except Game ones. But the ones over the shoulder of a cashier are gold.

I tried to file yesterday only to find out the irs says i already files my taxes.

Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Nearly every day my wife and i receive phone calls and e-mails from scammers attempting to rip the elderly.

A friends identity was stolen about 10 years ago. The perp who stole his name and social security number was making a lot of money. For three or four years the IRS constantly hassled my friend. The IRS refused to divulge the address the thief was using.

That guy could not have stolen the identity of a worse person to deal with. My friend is a retired US Army special operations guy: He took a vacation, located the guys employer, hunted the perp down and beat the crap out of the sob: No more problem.

Latest posts

Back