surgery tommorow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is hard for me to take it easy. i wont do anything that put stress on the healing wound. but riding the bike doesnt stress it at all. got to keep the blood flowing every wheres in my body. thanks for the concern. my wife keeps a short rein on me. to sleep good i have to do something every day.

Good to hear you are doing so well.
Your surgeon must be WAY better than mine. I still have occasional pain 8+ years later.

-Joe

i had gall bladder surgery 6 years ago. it was a lap scope with two entrance wounds. they still are sore and the post surgery was a lot more painful than this one. im about half swollen but i have to honestly say it hasnt been bad at all. i think the modern surgeons have this hernia surgery down pat. i didnt have the lap scope hernia surgery, i had a open wound one. for me i think it was better as my hernia was pretty big. i have a carpenter how is older like me do work on my house now and then he had it done several months ago and went back to work in one week. his dr. didnt like that but he didnt lift heavy for 6 wks as he was the boss. before i went in for surgery he told me, it nothing and you will be glad you done it. he was right. i dont like pain but this was pretty close to pain less. my hernia bothered me more than the surgery did. i hope my posting encourages other to fis what is wrong, knees, hips, hernias or what ever it is. the only negative thing i can say was the finance dept of the hosp. they were very very cold and need a mouth adjustment. we have good insurance but they said in no uncertain terms, no money down no surgery and they were not nice about it. trhe hospital staff was really the best but not the finance dept. i dont know how those people seep at nigh. if i want a clean slate between me and GOD i could not work in a dept like that. they have no soul.

strong eagle said:
off to the city where my surgery will be tomorrow. out patient surgery, will be back with all of you soon.
Good Luck, all my prayers are with you.
Stoney

ill be back working out monday, dr. said i was healing fine. wont go nuts but ease into it. have been riding the exercise bike since the 3rd day after surgery. i want to lift some weight though. hernia surgery is a lot easier than gall bladder surgery. dont live with one, get it fixed.

strong eagle
 Glad to hear that you're progressing well. :thumbs up: My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Don't push it too hard. You don't want to land BACK in the hospital. :no:
God bless:
Stoney

strong eagle said:
surgery repor. doctor said it was a larhe herniz and not a small one. was asleep about 4 hours. they worked hard to get the pain under control in recovery. they did and to be honest the pain never ever came back i dont like narcs anyways and motrin and tylenol are taking care of it.....
Sounds good bud now we can't refer to you as just "a pain in the ass". Just kidding, your a tough old bird with not taking the drugs doctors push on us, wish I could do that - "give me the pain killer doc and I'm happy".   :geek:

to be honest they dont do me as they do others. i get a little mello but it doesnt feel good to me. also i cant sleep on those drugs. my body isnt made for them. i take a lot zinc c and b6, that causes the body to heal well and fast. motrin works for me. if i get a little stiff in the groin and legs i take a glass of wine. i couldnt be a drug addict if i wanted to. your correct, i can be a pain in the ass in this way. i like to right every wrong and i never ever forgive. a tiger doesnt loose their stripes, they just pretend to loose them. years of being in charge of mental health wards taught me every trick in the book they can throw at you. im way way ahead of them and they know it.

Good for you. I have gotten where some of the over the counter pain drugs just give me night sweats. Took a few months to figure that out with trying different ones, then stopped everything and the problem was gone.  Glad to hear from you, thanks.

I wouldnt push it to hard! My brothers doctor said give it 2 weeks at least before exercising.

thanks, i wont, but its been three week, thanks again, dont want it to have it to happen again. one of my wifes patients a little while ago had the same hernia surgery. went back to work the next day after the surgery as a carpenter. ruined the surgery and lost his left nut. tried to sue the dr. but it went nowhere. had to have the surgery over and now he has only one nut. has your brother in law had the surgery yet? he wont believe how free of all this he will feel when it is all healed up. he will feel like a very new man.

Back