T/C FireHawk and System1?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tc280

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any experience good or bad with either of these? I found a FireHawk brand new with tags still on it, 50 cal stainless,walnut stock, wondering what it’s worth? I know it’s outdated, I don’t care about that. Thanks Mike

Buy it. They were a improvement if you will on the thunderhawk. I have several thunderhawk with 21 in. Barrels. Most accurate ml I own, and I have a few. Blued guns shoot ragged hole at 100yrds, stainless shoot 1-1.5 in. Groups. 80-100 grain of BP or pyrodex accuracy never changed. 200- 240 grain xtp shot same groups.

I had a 54 system one that shot 460 grn very well and with the QLA barrel actually it shot everything really good wish I still had it

I have T/C Thunderhawks in 50 and 54 calibers. They are both shooters. I am sure the Firehawk will be a great shooter also. I would buy it especially if the price is right.

Not a smoking deal but, see if you can talk them down. Couldn't hurt. I think they were close to 3 back when new.

Do any of you guys know if the system 1 takes a special breechplug tool? I’m looking at a system 1 as well but they do not have the factory tool.

The tool you need for the system 1 is two 1/2" wrenches and a allen wrench to take the barrel off the receiver to clean.

Latest posts

Back