T/C Omega toggle question.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwleonard

Reaction score
The toggle on my new Omega was initially pretty stiff to open for the first few tries, but now, after one range session, it is loose enough to fall open from a bump to the stock. Is there any way to adjust the tension on this? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Thanks,

Rick

Try this

My omega had something similar happen but it wasn't the toggle.On mine the screws holding the breech mechanism to the barrel became loose.I secured them with blue locktite.I also adjusted the toggle, its alot of work but it is doeable.Check the screw tension first and see if it does not correct the problem.There really is no way for the toggle to loosen up without tapping out 2 pins which are REALLY in there, and loosening a nut which is held captive by the sides of the housing.

rwleonard said:
The toggle on my new Omega was initially pretty stiff to open for the first few tries, but now, after one range session, it is loose enough to fall open from a bump to the stock. Is there any way to adjust the tension on this? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick-Mine did the same thing. I took my trigger mechanism apart and adjusted it. I highly recommend you do not try this. I had a terrible time. Call TC let them fix it.Charlie

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at that hex nut in there and contemplating fiddling with it, when I noticed that the front pivot pin was loose and one leg of the mechanism body was almost off. I evened things up and tightened the set screw. She now shuts nice and tight.

I will try to remember the hex screw a few years and many deer from now.

Thanks again,

Rick

Latest posts

Back