T/C RENEGADE. TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY. THIS IS THE QUESTION....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
Renegade.jpgrenegade2a.jpg

T/C renegade in .54 $220 delivered to the door taxes paid. Very clean and obviously cared for. Minor rust in the bore definitely but not bad (says the gun smith). What do you think? I think it's worth taking a chance. What do those more knowledgeable than I think? your opinions would be appreciated....

Heck of a price! You can get the rust out, but is there any pitting, that won't come out. Does it have a QLA, false muzzle? Like said the stock/lock is worth the price.

In addition, I have this same rifle, mine is older bought in 1993 pre QLA, killed my first muzzleloader deer with it.
The 1:48 twist is very accurate with a patched .530 round ball and 60 gr of 2fg powder.

View attachment 13863View attachment 13865

T/C renegade in .54 $220 delivered to the door taxes paid. Very clean and obviously cared for. Minor rust in the bore definitely but not bad (says the gun smith). What do you think? I think it's worth taking a chance. What do those more knowledgeable than I think? your opinions would be appreciated....
For that price the bore does not matter ,get it rebored/or relined with the twist /cal of your choice /Ed

Okay. Advice taken. Rifle purchased. I have been looking for a while and figured I'd buy it but I wanted opinions from folks who shoot them. I have never shot patch & ball but I'm really looking forward to it. I think I bagged myself a bargain today. Thanks for your help guys. 👍

Okay. Advice taken. Rifle purchased. I have been looking for a while and figured I'd buy it but I wanted opinions from folks who shoot them. I have never shot patch & ball but I'm really looking forward to it. I think I bagged myself a bargain today. Thanks for your help guys. 👍
You'll love it, best of luck with the new rig.

I recently picked up a Renegade Kit gun for 200. Any Hawken or Renegade in good condition and under 300 in my opinion is a pretty good deal. While I paid 200 for my gun the sights were almost 3x higher price than the gun. :roll:

Latest posts

Back