T.c Thunderhawk?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoy Dan

Reaction score
I was at a friends house tonight and his neighbour was trying to sell him a 50 cal thunderhawk.It was in really good shape.
26" from breach to muzzle........pop-up rear sight......walnut, with thumbthrough stock...#11 percussion cap.200.00 (Canadian).
Just wanted to know if this is a good deal or not, and if this could be changed over to 209 primer.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks....

Dan.

First off.. welcome to the forum. It is good having you here.

The T/C Thunderhawk in excellent condition sell from $150.00 - $250.00 on the auction sites. Most of them are around $175.00 US. The Thunderhawk is a good rifle from all I have read on it. I am not sure it can be converted to a 209 primer unless the breech plug nipple off a Black Diamond would fit it. You'd have to call Thompson Center to make sure it is possible. Although do not be to fast to sell short the #11 cap. When used properly with LOOSE powder, they shoot off the rifles just fine.

Remember when you consider this rifle, it is old technology, and used. There are some good buys on rifles here in the US but of course it could be much different from my understanding in Canada. They normally were great shooters from all I have read. So you have to decide what is a good purchase or not.

Again, welcome to the forum. Sorry I could not help you more. Maybe a Thunderhawk owner will spot this thread..

I've seen 209 cnversions for the thunderhawk-just cant remember where. And Welcome

I recently bought a thunderhawk .54 that had #11 nipple. I then went to Midway USA's website and bought the 209 conversion. ITs a snap to put in and is a great MZ.

PowderKeg

Latest posts

Back