Taking the Zeiss Plunge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Well I have decided to buy a Zeiss Conquest for myself. I have used them in the past but never owned one. This will be the 3rd non-Leupold I have purchased in the lst year. I always was a Leupold man but I have been expanding my horizons lately. One thing I noticed while researching the Zeiss was this feature
Square Reticle Adjustment The Zeiss approach to altering windage and elevation, where the movement of one adjustment does not alter the position of the other adjustment. Our adjustment range is square, unlike most conventional riflescopes.
I think that will be a plus as awhile back I had a Savage that I stuck a Leupold Vari-XIII on and I ran into problems zeroing with that combo as I got near the end of the range of the available adjustment. Think I will go with the 3.5-10-44 MC with a Zplex reticle,matte finish.
I have been told that Ebay is the place to go to buy this scope and to expect to pay $440-$460. anybody have any suggestions on where it can be had cheaper? Thanks
Rifleman

I bought 2 of those on Ebay for $356 +shipping each. Just don't get in a hurry and you'll get one at the price you want to pay. :D

I'd really like to hear your opinions on this one. I am seriously looking at this exact scope aswell. I had a look at it in the local gun shop and was really impressed with the clarity. But, this was inside and in a well lit building. Pleasde post a review when you have a chance.

Rifleman said:
Darrell, you got the exact same model for that price?

Yes sir. Bought'em last year one about Feb and the other later in the spring. :wink:

I bought one last week for $320 + shipping on eBay. It's my second Conquest 3-9x40, and they are far and away the best scopes I've ever owned.

You'll love it Rifleman! Unlike my Vari-X III, I don't have to fire a round after adjustment to "set" the crosshairs. This is a masterpiece of a scope, I promise you.

You'll like the Zeiss a lot. I have three a 4.5x14-44mm and two 3.5x10-44mm. I have to say I like'em at least as good if not BETTER as the Vari-x III's and I've always been a Leupy fan. :wink:

Dwight, The nos. I gave you are just a avg. As Darrell stated, if you are willing to set it out,you will get a good deal.I have 4 of them mouted on different guns.If you want to get a feel for them in the field, let me know.3.5x10x44 on the HB,3x9x40 on Looters Sav.10ML,3x9x40 on the Tar-Hunt slug gun.4.5x14x44 on the coyote smoker. Pick your poison and I will bring one down.I used to be fond of the Vari-xIIIs.They are all gone and will not be coming back!I have never had to to use the warranty on a Zeiss,but I did on the Leupolds.Yes they were under warranty and no I am not product bashing.I just need to know that they will not fail.Thats not to say that the Zeiss will never fail,but they have not let me down.

Well I got to use one a couple times on lakers 300 weatherbey mag, and I was able to go from a 200 yd zero to a 1000 yd zero and back again to 200 and was spot on the money, that really got my attention!

One of the things that impressed me most is that when you move the reticle one click to get 1/4" of movement at 100yds, you absolutely, positively, get 1/4" of POI change at 100yds. Much tighter tolerances than on any other scopes I've used.

I've got a Vari-X III 3.5-10x50 on my Weatherby Mark V (.300 Wby), and I never have gotten that gun to consistently group inside of an inch. I'm convinced that I've got some scope issues (as I've changed absolutely every other thing); one of these days I'll put a Zeiss 3.5-10x44 on it.

I just watched a 3.5x10 go off on Ebay for about 386 yesterday. 3x9 for about 325.

I never have gotten that gun to consistently group inside of an inch.

Try 74.0 gr IMR-4350, Sierra 200gr Game King, and a Federal 215 primer.. Another great load for me is 78gr IMR-4831, 180gr Hornady SP, and CCI 250 primer.

Thanks for the info. I actually don't reload, so I should have remarked that I haven't gotten it to group inside an inch consistently with FACTORY AMMO.

The best results have come from Hornady Custom and Weatherby (Norma) ammo and the 180 gr Hornady SP.

Well I finally won an auction for a 3.5-10x44 matte with zplex reticle on gunbroker at 456.00. Might have paid a few dollars more then some of you but I got tired of waiting. Hopefully the transaction will go smoothly and then I can try it out on my new project gun.

That's not a bad price. I'm still waiting for my Conquest 3-9x40 off eBay. I got a great deal at $320, but I won the damn thing on Jan 23rd and it's still not here yet. Not a pleasent transaction so far, and I'm less than pleased. I actually filed a complaint with eBay, because the guy has stopped replying to my e-mails.

Stick with Elkhunter777...stay AWAY from BRGROUPSALES. The price is right, but he has negative feedback for a reason. One of these days I'll learn.

stay AWAY from BRGROUPSALES. The price is right, but he has negative feedback for a reason. One of these days I'll learn.

Yeah..I've been seeing their stuff...THEN I saw that their feedback was kept PRIVATE! Can't believe Ebay would let sellers do that but anyhow when you have something to hide it usually isn't good. I've even sent brgroup a couple of emails stating that I would LIKE to bid on their items but wouldn't be doing so because of the private feedback.

Yeah, well I was stupid enough to actually do it. The price was really, really good...but you see what I'm left with. If the scope shows up on Monday then I'll be real happy, but, as an eBay dealer that works hard to have good customer service, it really irks me. Shame on me.

I almost bid on one from them but the feedback kept me from it, if you look on gunbroker they are not able to keep their feedback private and I read it and much of it is pretty bad. Looks like they also had a name change from what I read between the lines, and that might have been an attempt to get away from the negative feedback they have.

Latest posts

Back