Taking the Zeiss Plunge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwhunter said:
If it is(which its not) what difference does it make if the warranty is good. It's not like your paying full retail in fact more like wholesale. :? Natchez is only taking 20% off full retail.

I doesn?t, if price is right. :partyman:

I looked around and the best I found for new retail prices are these;

Zeiss Conquest Rifle Scope 3.5-10X44, Matte

$588.99

Zeiss Conquest Rifle Scope 3-9X40, Matte

(with year end sale?) $408.02

Those prices are listed here. http://www.opticsspot.com/

I have not bought from this company before but the 3x9 I got in Dec. was about $50 more :shock: Oh well, good thing I got a $50 Ziess hat with that purchase :lol: such a deal.

Well I sent the $$ for the scope I won off monday. When the transaction is complete I will post the sellers name and how everything went and we will have another choice either for better or worse. I am betting better as they had all good feedback with 63 transactions recorded.

fairchase said:
I looked around and the best I found for new retail prices are these;

Zeiss Conquest Rifle Scope 3.5-10X44, Matte

$588.99

Zeiss Conquest Rifle Scope 3-9X40, Matte

(with year end sale?) $408.02

Those prices are listed here. http://www.opticsspot.com/

I have not bought from this company before but the 3x9 I got in Dec. was about $50 more :shock: Oh well, good thing I got a $50 Ziess hat with that purchase :lol: such a deal.

Try the: http://www.theopticzone.com/

After getting my money back from BR, I bought a 3.5-10x44 from a new guy as well. Similar feedback as your guy Rifleman, bet he's the same dude. I'm also waiting on mine, but it's supposed to be here tomorrow or the next day.

I got mine today, new in the box as promised. I wont list the sellers name with a recommendation though as I felt the communication was lacking and the box it came in stank and I mean reeked of cigarette smoke. Not a good way to do business. I got what I paid for but this guy has alot to learn about customer service.

Rman I'm sorry it didn't turn out completly perfect but at least you got it and all is well. I think you gonna like it. :wink:

Thanks Darrell I am sure I will like it, as I have shot them before. No biggie on the dealings with the guy he just won't get a free plug from me here. I did give him good feedback on the gunbroker because I did get what I paid for in a timely manner. I just did not know when or by what means it was coming even though I asked.

This is just a heads up for anyone dealing with BR GROUP or BRSERVICES
or whatever else this guy goes by.
This is a long time coming but it took this long to get things kind of sorted out.
I read all of the previous comments ( warnings) about this individual including the negative feedbacks he aquired on Ebay and Gunbroker, but I thought I would give him the benifit of the doubt. Since time wasn't really an issue as long as it was some time, I was beginning to wonder.
My experience with him was with regards to a Zeiss Conquest scope I won from an auction on Ebay, on April 12. The item was immediately paid for via paypal at the end of auction. His listed policy states that he ships 3-8 buisness days after payment, I had to question him on the where abouts of the package approx 4 weeks after auction only to have him forward me a tracking number from USPS that did not confirm shipment only that arrangements for shipment had been made on May 9.
When I tried to locate the so called parcel, USPS advised me that not enough information was included, I then contacted BR ( should call themselves BS) and they started to make me feel like it was my fault and that I was becoming an inconvience.
Believe me I was more than pleasant and gave them more patience than they deserved. Still hoping for the scope.
It wasn't until they became non registered with Ebay that I thought something was very wrong and that I might end up with no scope and no money.
Since more than 45 days had lapsed from the end of auction no recourse through paypals protection could be used to recoupe the funds. The seller advised me to process a dispute through paypal to get my refund, they were obviously well versed on the procedure but only while being registered could that be done.
In the meantime they told me that the parcel was lost by the USPS and left it at that. My reply to him was that if he didn't want to sell the scope for the price on auction, then he shouldn't have taken my money.
I told him that I required a money order to be reimbursed, I thought that would be the only way to secure the refund. They ignored my request until I told them that I was going to report them to IC3( internet fraud) and Gunbroker on their buisness practices.
I finally received a Postal money order which he UPSed to me, but since I live in Canada the money order he provided is not negotible outside of the United States, I inturn contacted BR and informed them that I required an international money order and he will not change it , so for me to cash the refund I will have to make a trip south of the border which is about a 2 hr trip from my location. I contacted the USPS to confirm the authenticity of the money order and it is legit.
This whole experience has been quite a trip, this guy should not be in buisness , I am quite surprised he still is with his practices.
And if you think the deal is too good , it probably is.
Do yourself and any of your friends a favor and avoid this guy.

Sorry to hear that Smokeeter. As I may have already mentioned, I bought a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 from him last spring for 315$....everything went perfectly...guess I was lucky...
JC

Sorry to hear that. I am sure the seller had more positive feedback than negative, but any time I see a seller that hides his negative feedback, a big red flag goes up for me. Just not worth the potential of trouble for me. Glad to hear you finally got your money back.

but any time I see a seller that hides his negative feedback, a big red flag goes up for me.

That's the key. When it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

BR group I got #$%^& to

Yup the price is good but you never see it i got $%^& from them too took for ever to get my money back and had to pay a complaint fee to pay pal
how they let him doo busines is beyond me guess he pays lots of listing fees :x

Just purchased a 3x9x40 from elkstalker on e-bay...never spent this much b4 hope I'm not disappointed :shock:

chas said:
Just purchased a 3x9x40 from elkstalker on e-bay...never spent this much b4 hope I'm not disappointed :shock:

You won't! :wink:

Chas, I have 2 Conquests....3x9x40 and 3.5x10x50...I love them both..... It keeps the conversation lively when I'm with Grouse as he's a big "gold Ring" fan.....

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 on my new Pro Hunter and I must say that it is quickly becoming one of my favorite scopes of all time. I may have to get one for my Sako Finnbear.

Back