Taking the Zeiss Plunge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HokieHunter said:
That's not a bad price. I'm still waiting for my Conquest 3-9x40 off eBay. I got a great deal at $320, but I won the damn thing on Jan 23rd and it's still not here yet. Not a pleasent transaction so far, and I'm less than pleased. I actually filed a complaint with eBay, because the guy has stopped replying to my e-mails.

Stick with Elkhunter777...stay AWAY from BRGROUPSALES. The price is right, but he has negative feedback for a reason. One of these days I'll learn.

I've bought all three of my Zeiss from BR and just understand going in that you won't get your scope for about 3-4 weeks. Before his feedback went private where you could read it that was the issue people was leaving negitive on.......slow shipping. Again I had no problems other than taking weeks to get them. To me the savings was worth it. :wink:

Interesting...after filing a complaint with eBay, I got a full refund from BR within 24 hours. Which means, he lied when he said that my scope shipped on the 31st, because he isn't going to refund my money if there was a scope in the mail.

So now, I'm wiser, but I'm still without a damn Zeiss. And my new 10ML-II sits in the corner looking at me. What a clown. Stay away from this joker.

Interesting...after filing a complaint with eBay, I got a full refund from BR within 24 hours. Which means, he lied when he said that my scope shipped on the 31st, because he isn't going to refund my money if there was a scope in the mail.

You are completely correct about that! What a scumbag! :evil:

The guy is a loser. A fair percentage of the time he won't meet expectations for shipping or feedback; if you dare give him negative feedback, he'll hit you back with negative feedback (even though you did nothing wrong). His reputation is no better on Gunbroker than it is on eBay.

His prices are low, especially on eBay. Eventually, you will get burned. Trust me.

I think BR is playing the game of: "If the scope gets to this price, we will expedite the shipping". I do not know what the wholesale price is, but if BR can't make the profit they are looking for, then they drag their feet and hope you giveup and are happy with a refund. $320 for a new 3-9X40 Zeiss seems pretty low. Used maybe, but new hard to believe.

Hunt 4 Bucks said:
I think BR is playing the game of: "If the scope gets to this price, we will expedite the shipping". I do not know what the wholesale price is, but if BR can't make the profit they are looking for, then they drag their feet and hope you giveup and are happy with a refund. $320 for a new 3-9X40 Zeiss seems pretty low. Used maybe, but new hard to believe.

I'm betting you are EXACTLY correct!

For around $356 each I'm glad I waited him out for the 3.5x10x44's. :wink: In the future if I decide to sell I should pick up a profit. :D

I researched his past auctions for this scope to see what the lowest price was that one had brought. Then I just hung in till I won a auction for that price or very close. On one of them it took a month to win a auction but I got there. :wink:

dwhunter said:
I researched his past auctions for this scope to see what the lowest price was that one had brought. Then I just hung in till I won a auction for that price or very close. On one of them it took a month but I got there. :wink:

I'm wondering how long it would have taken to correct any problem that may have happened such as damaged in shipping OR wrong product shipped?

big6x6 said:
dwhunter said:
I researched his past auctions for this scope to see what the lowest price was that one had brought. Then I just hung in till I won a auction for that price or very close. On one of them it took a month but I got there. :wink:

I'm wondering how long it would have taken to correct any problem that may have happened such as damaged in shipping OR wrong product shipped?

Don't know the answer to that. All I can say is it was right three times in a row.

HokieHunter said:

So now, I'm wiser, but I'm still without a damn Zeiss. And my new 10ML-II sits in the corner looking at me. What a clown. Stay away from this joker.
Yes this guy is lied to me too. He even sent me a tracking number. I decided to wait after looking through his references (a lot of long waits) and price was right. And it took almost a month to get a scope from him. But warranty was legit. Zeiss replaced that scope when I broke it.

Hunt 4 Bucks said:
Or it may be refurbished. I do not think factory is marking it as refurbished.

nugbuk said:
Hunt 4 Bucks said:
Or it may be refurbished. I do not think factory is marking it as refurbished.

Your wrong about that. These are NEW with warranty card.

dwhunter said:
How can you tell? Conquests are packet in a cheap box. And I believe factory refurbished come with warranty. Or it could be show demos.
www.natchezss.com sells show demos.
Friend of mine bought one from them. It came in exactly the same box with no indication of any previous use. At least Natchez tells that they are selling demos.

I purchased my 3.5x10x50 Conquest from elkhunter777 on Ebay and it was a great deal and great transaction.

nugbuk said:
dwhunter said:
How can you tell? Conquests are packet in a cheap box. And I believe factory refurbished come with warranty. Or it could be show demos.
www.natchezss.com sells show demos.
Friend of mine bought one from them. It came in exactly the same box with no indication of any previous use. At least Natchez tells that they are selling demos.

If it is(which its not) what difference does it make if the warranty is good. It's not like your paying full retail in fact more like wholesale. :? Natchez is only taking 20% off full retail.

dwhunter sounds like you know how to work the system and got a great deal in doing so. My luck is usually not that good.

Back