TC Endeavor and JSG Super Sticks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
PICT0577.jpg

This was kind of a hurried range trip to get my new set up going in time to hunt the next couple of days and whats left of our deer season. So I only had one load in mind and hoped that it would work... 300 grain Nosler PP in a Short Black sabot, one Shockey's Gold Super Stick, and a CCIm 209. After I got the scope sighted in I shot this group at 100 yards which measured 1 1/2"... minute of deer I would say!

PICT0579.jpg

Here is the new power... it comes in one load format which equals 150 grains. JSG Super Sticks also come 30 to a package for around $19 and are packaged in these plastic containers with the orange top to keep moisture out when in your hunting pack. As with all APP powders it burned very clean and had a pretty nice thump on the shoulder end... I'm sure the receiving end will be equally as nasty!

Nice shooting. When you get the chance, try some Black Horn 209 in that Endeavor. Mine loves it. I think I'm going to go to the Nosler partition next year. Good luck. How did the Shockey's Gold clean up? Was your barrel real dirty? Did you swab between shots?

Hulions,

I know BH will shoot, but to be honest, I really got tried of dealing with it. The Hoppe's stinking up my house and the drill bit routine.

On the three shot group I swabbed between shots on the first two and didn't on the last. From my findings with JSG, you won't loose any accuracy until around shots three or four without swabbing and then it's not much.

The only complaint I have about the Super Sticks is the crud ring, although not nearly as bad, was in the lower portion of the barrel much like 777. The regular JSG Sticks formed a ring near the end of the barrel and was a little easier to load multiple shots without cleaning.

I think these powder companies keep working on ways to charge more for the same powder. :D

Looks like you are doing just fine with that ol' cheap TC, FH. :wink:

You are right UC, it's all about tickling the buyers funny bone... but I will have to say this one tickled me. I like the idea of a one stick/pellet load for hunting. Yep, I know the old TC is not a camo Accura with a nice 4200 or anything but it's going to have to do... 8)

Now see Rich, that's why you make the big bucks... I didn't even think about that. Those will make nice loose powder containers... :prayer:

Good shooting flint head! Do you just seat the bullet on the stick, or do you crush it? I will say those look a little more uniform than the APP Sticks I have seen. Any idea of the velocity?

Good luck on your hunt!

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket... now where did I put that rifle? Wait a minute I just remembered, I loaned it to you last week... just get it back to me soon. Thanks UC!

Busta, they are not too bad... some are a little misshaped but even with the original Sticks it didn't seem to effect accuracy enough to matter. Just like the original, I seated the bullet pretty firm on top but didn't crush'em. After doing a lot of thinking about yesterdays range session, I'll have to say the Super Sticks acted more like a cleaner burning version of 777 then the original JSG Sticks... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I would guess the FPS to be around 1800-1850 with the big Nosler.

Latest posts

Back