TC Thunderhawk Barrel Removal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some work cleaning the bore just to see and it cleaned up really good, nice and shiny to my surprise. I used Break Free on about 12 patches. The only (roughness) is about the first inch at the bottom of the bore, and at that it's not bad.I don't think that would be an issue.

toytruck said:
ShawnT said:

Just looked at this link, it is labeled wrong. The gun is a System 1 rifle. The wrench tool in yellow wrapper is the tool supplied to remove the barrel from the receiver and also the breechplug. I would like to see a closeup of the box, that would tell it for sure...
Guess that solves my confusion. :wink:

Old post. The barrel/ receiver of the Thunder/ Fire Hawks are not one price assemblies as they are in the Black Diamonds. The front of the receiver is the breech plug. The barrel threads onto it. The Diamond's barrel is bored from the rear to accept the plug.
I'm coming to the conclusion that the Thunder/ Fire Hawk's breaching is better for the high round count shooter. Like me.
The fact that they can be " rebarrelled" has me thinking about a project or 2. LORD give me strength...

I was always told they were all a single unit(Firewhawk/Thunderhawk) and barrel could not be removed.. have you tried to unthread yours?

No I haven't. But if you look at the breech where the nipple threads in you'll see that there is no seperate breech plug. The barrel screws on to a threaded extension of the front of the receiver.The front of the receiver is the plug. Otherwise, how would they bore and rifle the barrel?

Latest posts

Back