The new rifle arrived!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
As I had mentioned, the UPS man was due today with my new rifle. And needless to say I was excited. That was until he handed me the package. It looked like someone had stepped on it as the front side of it was crushed. Now I was worried.

But I opened the box with the ton of packing material, the wooden framed box and found this ....

DSCF1268_zpsprasmuu0.jpg

DSCF1267_zpsaw5nbr7z.jpg

DSCF1266_zps2ijbvfj2.jpg

DSCF1265_zpsbmtyxvqu.jpg

All was well inside the box. So let me introduce you to my .58 caliber Early Virginia Model Flintlock rifle. It was made by Tennessee Valley Muzzle Loading (TVM) and it has a 36" Colerain Barrel with a 1-56 twist. The rifle sports a Chambers/Seiler lock, and Davis triggers. The full stock is made of Maple and all the trimmings are browned to match the barrel.

I think it looks great. Now I have to figure out how to display it in the gun room along with the other one.

:applause: Very very nice!!! Hope you dont have to wait as long to shoot this one like last time.

Congrats on your new rifle - sure is a beauty! Can't wait to read the first range report.

Writers claim it's a comfortable shooter and can even be purchased with a 42" barrel. I'm guessing it contains three pins to hold-in that long one-piece stock.

BTW..... according to the website, you paid $100 for that rifle to be delivered via a crate. Better find use for it. lol :mrgreen:

Beautiful! Love the all brown hardware too. Bet you are itching to shoot it too.

Congratulations on the new rocklock! It looks like a beauty, and should be a good shooter/deer slayer.

Latest posts

Back