Thermal scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with them?

Looking to get one that's capable out to 200 yards for coyote sized game.

Any suggestions on brands and models?

I had a Bering optics Hogster 35 that was a great unit for the money. Sadly I sold it to help fund a new pickup, wish I had kept it and I will get another one day. Many brands have issues and throw out new firmware updates continuously. I spoke with the owner of Bering at shot show one day and came away impressed with their products. They really test and work out the bugs before releasing a new product I feel much better than most.

For a 200 yard scope the 2x base mag is about right, it’s a good balance of field of view vs. magnification.

I have a Flir thermal scope and monocular. If I had to do it over again I’d buy Pulsar.
But my my current setup is the Flir monocular on which I scout with. Then an ATN 5-20 4kHDPro with a high IR illuminator.
I’ve read of issues with ATN, but for for me I haven’t had any issues.
I prefer the digital IR scope over my Flir thermal. Big reason Flir dropped customer service/ support for civilian use products. They tried to renig /warranty on my scope. I had a terrible time with them. It took months.

Last edited:
Buy the nicest one you can afford. I currently have an XP50 Thermion and it is much better than some of the ones in the sub $2000 range I have had before. That being said, I was pretty happy with my r35 hogster too. This is one of those, get what you pay for deals. I would get a super hogster, yoter, or an xp50

I have Pulsar and had ATN. Pulsar XP 38 I believe, I bought it used from a friend when he went to a Thermion. Very nice scopes. The ATN I sold, it had a warranty and I needed to use it. That being said they took care of the issue, the processor failed completely.

Latest posts

Back