• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Thompson Center Omega X7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/909379298Mines getting buried with me love that gun.
Breach area looks little dirty

lol, I have a couple hunting buddies that have said the same. I seen that one on gunbroker and he claims it’s only been fired a handful of times but like you I noticed the breech area and it has me concerned. I know most on this site knows what a clean barrel is and I’d trust buying from most on here. Last Omega with a “spotless bore” I bought on Gunbroker had bad pitting in breach area and I sent it back. Had to eat shipping both ways and prefer not to buy from GB.

Yeah if the Breech Plug threads look that Bad can only imagine what the 1st 3” of that barrel looks like.
Probably used Pyrodex 😬

He should be able to provide bore pics, but sure looks like he shot it and put away with out cleaning . Maybe I am wrong

I was trying to see the front site as some came with green and others red.

That breach and threads look terrible if your asking me .
30 minutes left ,anyone bidding

Although i might pay what it’s going for, I’m taking a pass on this one. I think he was honest when he said he shot it and put it away, last year. Pretty sure there was zero cleaning done.
No way I’d put mine away with the breach looking like that!

I buy NO high end Omegas from GB. I have bought probably 20 Omegas from GB and half have had junk barrels regardless of the sellers description. I had one that was sent loaded. If I'm going to pay 5-600 for an Omega, I need to have hands on, or the ability to return it.

As far as how the breech looks, 90% of the ones I buy look like that. Almost nobody takes care of the breech end. The only ones that are clean are the unfired ones.

Latest posts

Back