Thor bullets in optima won’t fit?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot some of the BOR Locks today (see other thread) and did run into a few in one pack that did have loose tips. Secret I think is to check them before loading and use a proper well-fitting jag (one that presses on the bullet not the tip) when loading. I used a jag that wasn’t quite right and it pulled a tip off when I withdrew the ramrod. I shot it anyway and the tipless bullet went right into the same group with the others on the target. They have shot quite well for me.
Good tip. I purchased the CVA universal loading tips for the end of my ramrods. I shoot .45s up to .58s and these tips work for every bullet type.
https://cva.com/product/universal-ramrod-loading-tip/

Got a sizing pack from Thor, I can’t even get the .50 to start down the barrel. I have heard good things about these bullets. Im going in a different direction now though, I would hate to be trying cram one of these down for a follow up shot. Any suggestions for a Colorado legal bullet. The power belts I have go down no problem
Thanks for any input
Some muzzleloaders have extremely tight bores diameters so Thor produces a .499 option for just such an occasion. If you give our customer service team a call at 855-236-5000 then we can get some ordered for you.

A 50 pack of poly wads are like a dollar plus shipping from Fury and $20/1000 from Buffalo Arms. Not something i would recommend with a hollow base Thor but with jacketed bullets you really should try them.

Glue the sub base to the Thor and you'd have a powerbelt that really worked on game. But then from what I understand, the Thor's work very well on their own.

Cannot say the Thor works in all QLA, but can say the Thor worked in one Omega with a QLA. Worked good too. Thor was the only conical that worked good in the Omega with QLA.

At the time, the conclusion was the Thor worked with the QLA, as do the MMP sub base.

Back