Thoughts on revolvers....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colt Anaconda 8".... Bad ass mofo. Bought it in 93 and they stopped making snake guns in 96.... Paid $400 out the door. It's now worth 5 times that even tho Colt is building a new version now.

Not a bad idea. If we can get .36 cap and ball revolver with a longer cylinder so it can hold more black powder then we have the .357 mag equivalent covered. But getting someone to make a .41 cap and ball revolver with a longer cylinder might be a problem. Granted we do have the .44 Dragoons and .44 Walkers though. But those aren’t 41s though. Although they did make some .41 cal revolvers those were all rimfire or center fire cartridge guns.

Appears there is now a 350 legend revolver... so you got yer extra long framed 36 cal

Just need to figure out a cap conversion ;)

Colt Anaconda 8".... Bad ass mofo. Bought it in 93 and they stopped making snake guns in 96.... Paid $400 out the door. It's now worth 5 times that even tho Colt is building a new version now.
Snake guns are definitely the "cat meow"
I'm a little jaded, I know they are TOP SHELF , but my dad killed someone I loved with a 357 python.I can't help but remember every time I look at one...

I do like the 41 Ruger but with a 4 5/8" bbl it really rocks up and back even with two hands hold. I like the 45 LC and have one in the Blackhawk and S&W mountain gun, my go to mountain carry here in Wyo. My 44 BH doesn't seem to kick as much as the 41 ( I have over a doz Ruger wheelguns to compare) Just my 2 cents

I have only one load for the .45 Colt BH; 18 grns of 2400 and a 250 or 265 grn cast swc. My pet .45 Colt with a 4-5/8" barrel is awesome. Very accurate and has taken quite a lot of small game. Velocities of that load are 1060 fps in the 4-5/8" and 1250 in my 7-1/2" Ruger. Very accurate, powerful and still under max. I've killed all my deer with the three magnums with most deer with the .357.
Digital-Still-Camera.jpg

I have only one load for the .45 Colt BH; 18 grns of 2400 and a 250 or 265 grn cast swc. My pet .45 Colt with a 4-5/8" barrel is awesome. Very accurate and has taken quite a lot of small game. Velocities of that load are 1060 fps in the 4-5/8" and 1250 in my 7-1/2" Ruger. Very accurate, powerful and still under max. I've killed all my deer with the three magnums with most deer with the .357.
Digital-Still-Camera.jpg
And for those who don't cast, I recommend trying these out...http://gardnerscache.com/45c_454_460_340_fp_gc_pc.html
I'm not affiliated with gardners cache in any way, other than I trade them their bullets for my cash. They're a DAV owned and operated small business, so I encourage supporting them every opportunity I get.

I've looked at just about everything out there. I keep coming back to the S&W 57 41 mag.

I'm thinking a Model 57 41mag in a shoulder or chest rig loaded with cast bullets will be just the ticket for woods carry.

Back