Tight Fit - Feedback Needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meathunter1

Reaction score
I'm shooting a Knight Revolution II and have found that Hornaday 250gr SST's and the sabots that come with them are quite difficult to push down the barrel (clean). Forget a quick followup shot because If I don't swab, I can't get the projectile down the barrel. Any thoughts? Is this common with SST's and Knights? :?

That's really kinda a common thing with the SST in general. I generally swab between ALL shots, followups included. If tight fit is a concern for you, you might swap to either a MMP HPH-24 or 3-petal EZ load sabot..

Thanks. Big 6x6...Kind of what I expected...common. Oh well, they are accurate, so a follow-up shot/load should just be a formality.

meathunter1,Like Chuck said,just use a three petal,or Easy Glide sabot with the bullet for your second shot. I just carry a couple of patches with me hunting,and spit patch between shots. :D

TC Shockwaves come with HPH 24s, thats the only difference between them and SSTs. You might give them a try, they load a little easier.

I purchased some of the Knight high pressure sabots and will use them with the SST's. I assume they are the same as the MMP24's as they were visibly thinner than the SST sabots. Thanks again.

Back