TMZ does it again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorhaught

Reaction score
I thought I would switch to the SST's this year as they are cheaper than the TMZ's. After a great first range session I thought I would go once again before my deer hunt. I was having difficulties dialing it in with the SST's and ran out of them at the range. I had TMZ's left over and zeroed in using them. I had a 30-40 yrd running shot Saturday afternoon and dropped the buck with 1 shot. The shot was back a little bit and high. Must have hit an artery?

Blackhorn and 250 gr TMZ make a deadly combo :D

Very cool, what unit? I will be in 23 on Saturday with my Omega. It's general rifle but I will use the ML.

Bullet damage

I am planning on using the same bullet and I've got a couple questions. Did that bullet hit any bone? Did it exit the other side? If it did exit... how big was the exit hole compared to the entry? Was there a good blood trail or did it drop right after the shot? Congratulations on a great shot. Spence.

i dont remember hitting any bone, but aybe the spine. There was not an exit wound. He was pretty messed up inside though.

Last year the bullet went in and left a 3" hole as it came out.

Back