Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 Kentucky Pistols.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
I was really enjoying sighting in one of the pistols today. A lot of filing was needed. Here's the pic.
IMG_1920_zpsilwrvyyk.jpg

You can only see 3 shots low left but there were 6 down in that area. After the first 3 shots that you can't see I started filing the front sight. Next 3 shots were higher but I realized there was a long way to go. I stopped shooting and filed for about 15 mins. When I shot again the ball hit at 9 0'clock outside the black. Now I trapped the rear sight and I trapped it to hard because the next 2 shots were at 2 0'clock in the white. I trapped the rear sight back a little and wound up in the black. I stopped filing and tapping at this point and left the sights a lone. The hole at the top and at 5 o'clock was made by the guy next to me. I only shot 15 balls at the target.
My load consisted of 20 grains of Old Eynsford 2F, .015 patch with anti rust and lube, .440 Hornady ball and CCI P/C's. All shots were from the 25 yard bench and I did swab the barrel after every 3rd shot with a patch that I was chewing and I did shoot from a rest. As it turned out, I filed off an 8th of and inch off the front sight to get the lead balls where I wanted them. Next time if I can, I'll get the other pistol sighted in or at least file off and 8th off of that front sight to save time.
Season is getting close gents. :cheers: :cheers:

Ray............... :thumbs up:

Sighting in pistols can try my patience. Shoot, file. Shoot, file. Shoot and file some more. But, it has to be done and you have done a fine job.
Ron

I've never used Old Eynsford.
I have some Goex, a few pounds of Elephant and a LOT of Swiss in 2 and 3 f g and a pound
or so of 4 fg pan powder.
Old Eynsford is made by Goex or so I've read.
Is it better than Goex?

Find ground sand would be better than Goex.
I put Goex a notch above Pyrodex crap.
Thoughts?

Its a lot more powerful than goex. Its comparable to swiss. A little cleaner than goex, although I never had any issues with goex fouling.

Back