Traditions firearms - customer service expierience

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected lol. I misunderstood what I read. Seems your right. What I should of said is sometimes the rifles cva and traditions sell r made by the same people. Different companies using same builders. Thanks for making me smarter now

Not sure if yous know this but cva Bergara and traditions are all owned by bpi. Traditions is just a import house. They make nothing. .

The "Traditions" name is just a marketing name used in North America. Ardesa makes the Traditions inline muzzleloaders. In Europe, the same inline muzzleloaders are marketed and sold under the Ardesa name.

Thank you for helping me to reread my searches. Now I understand better why I get better service after the sale from cva. Traditions has some nice kits now and depending on who makes the kit there selling you can get good parts and wood. My parts where very nice. I've seen Traditions kits that where terrible also. I've seen some decent sidelocks ready made for the money. I think it all depends on who they contracted to make them

I understand the original posters aggravation. When I called for parts I got shut down pretty quick lol. And was told there just a import house. Doesn't seem there to interested in anything but selling products. I still like there chiappa kits thou.

Its a shame, i had good service a number of years ago but now if I buy one of their products its with the expectation that its a throw away or I'll have to try and repair it myself, if possible.

I hear ya and felt very aggravated when I found out a run of kits was made with no regards to some spare parts run with the order. I mean wow. I break stuff sometimes. Are slip with a tool. Just seemed like they only want to sell us stuff.

In my case it wasn't a warranty problem. I mean I broke it. But still it just seemed really lacking in customer care and service. I mean geez if I bought a truck and found out no spare parts where made I'd pull my hair out!

Maybe u could touch it up some how so it isn't noticeable. If it's safe to shoot? I don't know much about that type of finish sorry. Maybe could strip and refinish it with a dip of some kind. I know how to rust blue and brown but that's about it. Atleast I do my own. People say it looks nice. I'm never really satisfied lol. I nit pick the hec out of my on work.

My only dealings with Traditions Arms was attempting to buy a new breech plug and front sight for my very old Traditions Tracker 209. They sold me a new replacement front sight for something trivial. $6.00 if I recall, but they couldn't provide me a breech plug or breech plug wrench. I think they told me my rifle was built in 2000, which still feels pretty new to me lol. But they say it's too old for much support.

My only dealings with Traditions Arms was attempting to buy a new breech plug and front sight for my very old Traditions Tracker 209. They sold me a new replacement front sight for something trivial. $6.00 if I recall, but they couldn't provide me a breech plug or breech plug wrench. I think they told me my rifle was built in 2000, which still feels pretty new to me lol. But they say it's too old for much support.
That is interesting. Traditions only recently stopped selling the Tracker.

I asked for a broken part on a Traditions Muzzleloader pistol. They said that they are no longer supporting that product.

I’m not sure what length of time companies continue to stock parts for discontinued guns but it’s not very long. I’m talking about all of them, not just Traditions.

I've had 2 experiences with their customer service. On a kit gun I did, I cracked the stock and they replaced it free. Second time was when something broke in the lock on a Deerhunter rifle. They gave me a new lock for it, again free of charge.
No complaints from me.

Possibly lol. I know it's my pet rifle. Love it. Looking back at all this I guess I should just be happy someone is keeping sidelocks alive. Only like 2 companies selling them isn't it. Pedersoli and traditions? R is there more? I'm talking about brands not the different shops in Spain and Italy. R custom made ones hear. You know like the House brothers. Maybe instead of complaining I should Wright them a thank u card. Lmao

The "Traditions" name is just a marketing name used in North America. Ardesa makes the Traditions inline muzzleloaders. In Europe, the same inline muzzleloaders are marketed and sold under the Ardesa name.
Hi, I am new here, I inherited some black powder weapons, I have the vest pocket solid brass with simulated ivory handles, and the inside of the bore is treaded. I emailed Traditions and they said to send pictures, which I did. But now they have not responded to me in some time. I think this is unsafe! Any ideas?IMG_0470.jpegIMG_0474.jpegIMG_0474.jpeg

Hi, I am new here, I inherited some black powder weapons, I have the vest pocket solid brass with simulated ivory handles, and the inside of the bore is treaded. I emailed Traditions and they said to send pictures, which I did. But now they have not responded to me in some time. I think this is unsafe! Any ideas?View attachment 35973View attachment 35974View attachment 35974
Sorry for the duplicate photo, but you can see the treads on the inside. It’s advertised as smooth bore. I am no expert but this doesn’t seem right.

Hi, I am new here, I inherited some black powder weapons, I have the vest pocket solid brass with simulated ivory handles, and the inside of the bore is treaded. I emailed Traditions and they said to send pictures, which I did. But now they have not responded to me in some time. I think this is unsafe! Any ideas?View attachment 35973View attachment 35974View attachment 35974
Looks like rough machining marks. Might be a little problematic cleaning the barrel as is but it could smooth itself out after it's been shot a bunch of times. You could polish it up yourself easy enough.

Latest posts

Back