Traditions firearms - customer service expierience

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like rough machining marks. Might be a little problematic cleaning the barrel as is but it could smooth itself out after it's been shot a bunch of times. You could polish it up yourself easy enough.
Hi, sorry for the picture quality, but the treads inside the bore are very deep. It was hard to get a good picture inside the bore.

Hi, I am new here, I inherited some black powder weapons, I have the vest pocket solid brass with simulated ivory handles, and the inside of the bore is treaded. I emailed Traditions and they said to send pictures, which I did. But now they have not responded to me in some time. I think this is unsafe! Any ideas?View attachment 35973View attachment 35974View attachment 35974

I've owned at least two Traditions rifles and while they aren't refined builds, they are quality for the cost. My Traditions .32 Crockett was incredibly accurate and was a ONE HOLE 5-shot group shooter at 44 yards. I killed many deer with the .50 and was very satisfied with the after-market service.

I also have no complaints. On your pistol all you have to do is put a wad of steel wool on a pistol cleaning rod and smooth it out. The barrel won't ever rust and it should be a lot of fun to shoot. The machine marks in the bore DO NOT make the pistol dangerous in any way. Just polish them out.

The picture quality is terrible but the barrel inside is deeply treaded. As deep as 1/8” inch. And yes it is solid brass.

The picture quality is terrible but the barrel inside is deeply treaded. As deep as 1/8” inch. And yes it is solid brass.
Shooting through the bore and steel wool wood never take those treads out.

I've purchased several new and used Traditions rifles and pistols. I have yet to have them provide any type of warranty repairs, etc. My experience with them is that they will find any excuse not to cover whatever it is you're trying to get them to do. Their Customer Service SUCKS!!!!!

Walt

Last edited:
I've purchased several new and used Traditions rifles and pistols. I have yet to have them provide any type of warranty repairs, etc. My experience with them is that they will find any excuse not to cover whatever it is you're trying to get them to do. Their Customer Service SUCKS!!!!!

Walt
Yes, they told me that they do not warrant the pistol since I inherited it.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpeg
    IMG_0470.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0483.jpeg
    IMG_0483.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Yes, they told me that they do not warrant the pistol since I inherited it.
I received a email from Traditions, they confirmed with their gunsmith and manager that those markings in the bore are not rifling marks or anything else they have ever seen. So paperweight now?

I received a email from Traditions, they confirmed with their gunsmith and manager that those markings in the bore are not rifling marks or anything else they have ever seen. So paperweight now?

Have you fired it yet? Try it and it may do just fine but you'll never know until you do.

Have you fired it yet? Try it and it may do just fine but you'll never know until you do.
Not yet, I have a couple pistols and a couple flintlock rifles and one percussion rifle. I am still wondering what to do with the lot. And of course the paperweight that no one has ever seen before.

My only Traditions rifle is a Buckstalker. Never had any problems with that very accurate rifle.

Bought a bunch of new muzzleloaders from online vendors. Only had one problem: A CVA rifle bought from Cabela's had been fired a bunch of times without cleaning: The bore was badly fouled and trashed. Cabela's took the rifle back and sent a new one.

My only Traditions rifle is a Buckstalker. Never had any problems with that very accurate rifle.

Bought a bunch of new muzzleloaders from online vendors. Only had one problem: A CVA rifle bought from Cabela's had been fired a bunch of times without cleaning: The bore was badly fouled and trashed. Cabela's took the rifle back and sent a new one.
When I reported to Traditions if they had any information about the pistol being treaded on the inside, they told me we can’t replace or fix your pistol because it was inherited. I just wanted information, not a new weapon.

Actually it’s perfect if it was designed to have something screwed into the barrel, but I just can’t figure out what that could possibly be?

Latest posts

Back