traditions muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would highly suggest other wise. I would stick with Thompson Center, Knight, Savage, or H&R. With the new breech plug modification, the H&R SideKick is pretty hard to beat for the money.

The only tradtions break open i would even consider is the XLT. that was one nice muzzy! Had the nickel barrel and Camo Thumb hole stock. CVA also makes some nice muzzle loaders.

I refuse to knock any brands, I refuse to knock any brands, but I will say get a Triumph or if not one of the ones Grouse mentioned. Lee

welcome krchov , PM sent !!!

I have had great luck with my Traditions pursuit pro , very accurate and well made . I have 4 other friends who also have one and they also have been very reliable a accurate . :D I have a TC encore that i paid 3x as much for ( always wanted one ) and it has yet to out shoot my Traditions . :shock: They have a great deal for one on one at the Traditions web site and i have been tempted to get another . After i bought my Encore a friend pried my hands off mine . I still wish i would have kept it . :cry: Everyone "I" know that has one , loves them.

Here is a 4 shot group at 50 yards with a gun vise . I wanted to see what the gun would do . NO SCOPE . :shock: And theseare the first 4 shots of my new gun right out of the box , :shock: :shock: . I was very lucky and found a load that worked right off . Its also the same load that my friends use with success .

4shot65yrds.jpg

I also took this small buck at 70 yards with a neck shot . He was looking right at me , i knew my shot would go right where i wanted it .

firstmuzzleloaderdeer.jpg

And a friend took this elk with a 140 yard shot behind the shoulder.

jared.jpg

Anything Spanish....

I won't brand bash either. I started with a CVA Staghorn .50. I spent a lot of money try to find the perfect bullet / sabot / combo until I realized that it is a just a $100 gun.

I whacked a lot of animals with it including my moose @ 106 yards & mule doe @ 174 (just a little luck there!). In short, my CVA did the job for me, but I will never get another one. I recently sold it (pretty much gave it away) and bought a Knight Disc. No comparison - fit, form, finish and an absolute unbeleivable shooter.

I would lean more towards an Omega Z5 or similiar rather than any offering from CVA / Traditons- you would be much happier.

I've owned 2 staghorns and both of them were deadly accurate right out of the box! 385 and 410 great plains did awesome! Got one as an replacement from cva, old cva rifle i had broke so they sent me a new gun because they didnt make it anymore. other i paid $70 for and was awesome.

Traditions will do what every other rifle can, sometimes even better than the rifles that cost 4 to 5 times the cost.

Of the muzzleloaders that I have owned the Traditions was the most accurate, from the bench, once the proper load was found. The trigger pull was poor and it was difficult gun to shoot well. This gun would shoot clover leaf groups at 100 yards with the right load and 3-6 inch groups if you changed any part of the load.The Knight that I use now will shoot more bullet powder combinations with acceptable accuracy(under2 inches) but so far I haven't found the magic combo to let it shoot like the Traditions.

hawki said:
Of the muzzleloaders that I have owned the Traditions was the most accurate, from the bench, once the proper load was found. The trigger pull was poor and it was difficult gun to shoot well. This gun would shoot clover leaf groups at 100 yards with the right load and 3-6 inch groups if you changed any part of the load.The Knight that I use now will shoot more bullet powder combinations with acceptable accuracy(under2 inches) but so far I haven't found the magic combo to let it shoot like the Traditions.

I agree , i have yet to get my Encore ( that i paid 3x the price for ) to shoot as accurate .

had 3 traditions the last was junk 45cal win they first came out 1-20 twisty did not know at the time?? the lighting bolt is a good smoke pole the other 2 traditions was 50cal thanks WORM :shock: WORM

I'll suggest a CVA Accura so you can let the rest of us that might be interested know about the rifle. 8)

Underclocked said:
I'll suggest a CVA Accura so you can let the rest of us that might be interested know about the rifle. 8)

UC, just sell one of them old rifles ya got and go for it!

Latest posts

Back