Traditions Pursuit....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backstraps

Reaction score
Ive only shotgun and bow hunted in the past and my friends have finally convinced me to buy a muzzleloader. I saw a great deal on a Traditions Pursuit and liked the way the thumbhole stock felt just wondering if anyone has used the gun and looking for some info.

Welcome to the forum. Its good to have you here. I think there are a few Traditions Pursuit owners around here who might be able to help you out.

backstraps said:
Ive only shotgun and bow hunted in the past and my friends have finally convinced me to buy a muzzleloader. I saw a great deal on a Traditions Pursuit and liked the way the thumbhole stock felt just wondering if anyone has used the gun and looking for some info.

i had 2 TRADITION M.L. one PURSUIT with an alloy frame and it wore out after 75 odd shots ...upgraded to the TRADITION PRO which had a steel frame much better ,...good shooter ...trigger pull was horrible [ no adjustment ] sold both and got a T/C ENCORE ..p. s. i should have waited and bought the T/C TRIUMPH ...much cheaper and not BARREL heavy ...

welcome to the forum backstraps, i have never shot anything by traditions i have only held one in the store. I remember not being very impressed with it at the time so i did not buy it.(this was an older model two years ago) I ended up getting a optima cva. I used that for one season and then gave it to my brother. It was a fine shooting gun, but i just knew i wanted something else. I finally got the one i wanted and now i still want others. I say if this is going to be your first gun and price is an issue then by all means go for it, it will get you through the season. If price is not an issue then i would go for something else JUST MY OPINION.

pursuit

I bought one last fall after 20 odd years with a traditional sidelock. I love mine-it was a little finicky on bullets as it seemed to have a tight bore but other than that i've had no issues at all. accurate, reliable and easy to clean. No complaints and i would recommend it to friends.

Tim

I had one of the first Pursuit LT allow frame rifles and was less than impriessed with it. Trigger pull was terrible, I understand that they have fixed some of them although I still get reports of bad triggers. It is not an easy trigger to work on either so if it is bad it stays bad. Personally I would go with something else. I traded mine and never missed it since.

I had the pursuit pro and so far it out shot my encore . I sold mine because i wanted a encore but wish i had still also had my traditions . I also have three friend who have them and they are all nail drivers . I was using 100 grain of Pyrodex , 300 grain XTP and klean bore primers . My friens are shooting the same thing but their barrels are 26 not 28'' so they are using 90 grains of powder . Good guns !! But for a little more you can get a Omega which i also like . If i did it all over again , i would get a omega and not my encore .

I have a pursuit LT and it shoots just about everything I have tried well. Seems to do fine w/BH as well. I have nothing to compare it to though as this is my first ML.

I picked up a nickel/black pursuit pro and it sits in my basement unfired. I sent it back to traditions and they worked the trigger for me no charge. It's right at 3.5 lbs. It's a basic, no frills, ML. I do like the double safety and short hammer throw. You can essentially load the gun, cock the hammer and engage the saftey on the trigger guard. Something comes along and all you have to do is thumb the safety off and shoot. Nothing wrong with the gun, I just picked up a PH and never looked back. Am a little tempted to pick up a CVA accura, but just can't see it replacing my PH.

Latest posts

Back