TRIUMPH pros&cons

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesheba

Reaction score
Friend of mine would like to purchase this model.I'm unfamiliar with it.Could anyone offer an opinion?

I don't have one but was seriously considering one last week.

I did not buy one because I saw several in store racks which had many scrapes & scuffs in the weathershield coating on the barrel. The store racks were all either wood or plastic with felt where the barrel rests but the marks were pretty significant & ugly (possibly more prone to corrosion???).

I'm sure that folks in stores aren't too careful but neither are branches, saplings nor the rail on my stand so.....I opted for the SS Omega and saved a few bucks. Sure, I don't have a quarter-turn breech plug or a break action gun but I still have the TCA warranty in a proven performer.

My $.02 ----

Pro it way easy to clean
Pro it;s got all of nice features, recoil pad,3.5 lbs trigger, easy to install primer. Easy to remove breech plug.
Pro for me I bought it for 220.00 Blued barrell with weathershield reciever

Con with a scope mounted it a little tight getting to the hammer with a fat thumb and a gloved hand it could be a problem. lucky for me I have a small thumb and dont wear a glove on my trigger hand.
Some say it hard to load sabots but that's just not the case with mine
goes down smoothly with even pressure. That with a standard sabot not the ez load type.

I tell your friend get one he'll be satisfied.

I wish T/C had but a little thicker barrel on the Triumpth than they did...but they are shooting very well anyway. I would get the "weathershield" model.

Chocdog

my friend bought one and he is very happy with it ..i shot his triumph about 25 times on the range and was very pleased with it [it's a shooter] with the LIMBSAVER recoil pad u don't even feel the recoil [.250gr bullet of ur choice + 100 gr. of T7 pellets] ..i ended up with a T/C encore but that is anouther story ...have fun and buy it ....it's a THOMPSON CENTER

I have the Triumph in the all camo version and am very pleased with it. Shoots nice and easy to clean.

BruinFlinter said:
I have the Triumph in the all camo version and am very pleased with it. Shoots nice and easy to clean.

I got the same one, and I couldn't agree more. It's my first ML and I love it. Good shooter, easy clean up, easy loading even with the standard sabots.

T C Triumph or Encore

Who can tell me the cheapest place to buy a Encore or Triumph.

DickW. are you talking about an older TC Encore or the TC Encore Pro Hunter? There are some big differences in these 2 models.

Curtis

I think Cabelas has got there Triumphs on sale right now on their website. Other than that, the only store I have found locally, for me, that carries anything muzzleloading is Gander Mountain and they more expensive comparing regular pricing.

Pro Hunter

I got my Pro at Gander, there are some benefits to go with that price. In addition go w/your money, include the manager in the transaction and don't give up on getting a deal. I shopped local boyos, online etc.

The Encore and Triumph 2 very different methods pof shooting tools and uses.

It's an ok gun... I would opt for an Omega or Standard Encore over the Triumph as I believe those are both better guns.

Mine had a 6.5lb trigger and was about a 2" gun or so. I also didnt buy into the stainless "looking" blue steel. I would much rather have a teflon coating over that stuff.. It is not durable.

The Triumph does clean up easily but only about 3 minutes faster than the Encore or Omega...

The Triumph isnt a terrible gun, it just wasnt my favorite.

Latest posts

Back