Turkey in the City

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbarnettoc14

Reaction score
This is the first year I will be hunting spring Turkey in Ohio and today to my amazment I was filling my gas tank up in Columbus/Westerville area and there were 4 turkey, 2 toms and 2 hens just struting through the middle of town! Really got me excited for April!

About a month ago, I was filling my gas tank of the truck. I looked across the highway and saw something in the side yard of a house. The movement of course caught my eye as I had nothing else to do while filling the tank. I could see this black hump over there just under the hill walking around. And I commented to the fellow next to me.. that fellow across the street has the ugliest looking dog I ever saw. And that's when the three turkeys walked up the hill a little into view.

Me and this guy just started laughing. And these turkeys did not seem to have a care in the world, feeding in this guys yard. That's when I saw all the bird feeders in the tree they were under. So I guessed they were in there cleaning up the seeds.

I told the girl taking money in the store, and she stopped all she was doing and went and looked at them too. More and more turkey are showing up in my area. I had fifteen of them in my yard at one time this fall. Talk about exciting...

Good luck in the spring turkey hunt.

thats great im glad to see more turkey emerging in ohio it seemed for the longest time, granted i am only 22 as of today, but it seems that they are becoming a more dominant species in my area... thanks for good luck and also to you

Back