Two Piece Weaver Style Steel Bases for a Knight Disc Elite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Okay I am looking for a set of Steel Two Piece Weaver Style Steel Bases for a Knight Disc Elite.

Who carrys them, what brand would you recommend and can you provide a model number or even a link to a supplier. Seems each place I look I don't see any listing for a Knight Rifle. I have looked at MidwayUSA, RifleScope.com and others and seems that no one lists them for a Knight. Any recommendations for a set of bases would be appreciated. Plan on using the Burris Signature Zee Rings in High for the Scope just need steel bases now...

Thanks,
Mike /LFM

I just ordered last night from Mid south some Weaver Grand Slam S45 bases to go with the Grand slam quick detach rings I bought for my Disc Elite.

Well......I think I may have ordered a slight variation I didnt want!??
Looking back at midsouth website at the S45 bases I see the under the S45 part and picture it says "Shown in Black".......I guess maybe I ordered SILVER bases??? But I have a blued barrel :x
I dont see though Grand slam steel bases in blue? or maybe I didnt look good enough!?
Oh well....dont see much of the bases anyhow............

During my "research" Ive found a note that for Knight s45 bases that the front screws may have to be shortened for proper fit. I read this on a reference chart. On a side note I found Cabelas to have a CVA marketed Durasight steel ring and base set for around $50- I dont know who makes them but some of the more knowledgable fellas on here might be able to look and tell us.

Thanks for the Input... As I have attempted to buy from Cabela's at least some Warne Rings they were marked High but I got Lows in the package had to return them. So I got a set of the Burris Signature Zee Rings with the synthetic inserts. The height was .420 as the Warne were .525 if I had got them. Seems the Burris I just put on the Knight Aluminum Bases is just about right about 3/16 an inch of clearance for a Buler Creek Objective Flip Open Cap. I just want to put some steel bases just to be sure they will held up long term. Seems not many make bases for the Knight that is why I was asking here maybe others might have other suppliers that list more information and carry them for the Knight Disc Rifles...

Thanks guys I will check into the places you have tried...

Appreciate your help...

Mike/LFM
:arrow:

I looked at some Warne (made for Knight and in Knight packaging) Maxima QD rings today at Borders Market in Summit KY. Something I did not like (other than the $65 price tag) was the fact that the cross bolt is round not square like on the Weaver rings. Being that the bases are milled for the crossbolt to be square shouldnt the crossbolts be square to insure positive alignment? There were probably 8 packages (looked old) of blued and 4 of silver or ss, I know they have been on the shelves for at least a year because I had seen them there last year.

MQ32shooter said:
I've been doing alot of searching on this and I believe they only make the GS in matte black. If you ordered 45s instead of s45 you may be getting some silver ones. see this link- http://www.weaver-mounts.com/rings1.asp ... am_pg.html

I ordered the S45's....so maybe I am ok then.....I started thinking that the "S" might stand for Silver? But most likely it satnds for Steel?
Thanks for the link to Weavers site that helped...

MQ32shooter said:
During my "research" Ive found a note that for Knight s45 bases that the front screws may have to be shortened for proper fit. I read this on a reference chart. On a side note I found Cabelas to have a CVA marketed Durasight steel ring and base set for around $50- I dont know who makes them but some of the more knowledgable fellas on here might be able to look and tell us.

Thanks for that info...I will keep a eye on those front screws then when putting them in....

At MidwayUSA (1-800-243-3220, www.midwayusa.com ):

Weaver Grand Slam S45 base (matte blued steel): Midway product # is 687-855, price is $9.89 each (need two). Status: In-Stock.

FWF said:

Weaver Grand Slam S45 base (matte blued steel): Midway product # is 687-855, price is $9.89 each (need two). Status: In-Stock.

I checked Midway last night if I remember right and they were out of stock.. They must have just got them in!?So I ordered thru Midsouth....Midsouth price was $5.something each! But I paid a $3.00 fee due to the order being under 20 bucks. So with shipping it cost $23.37.

bloodtrail1 said:
FWF said:

I checked Midway last night if I remember right and they were out of stock.. They must have just got them in!?So I ordered thru Midsouth....Midsouth price was $5.something each! But I paid a $3.00 fee due to the order being under 20 bucks. So with shipping it cost $23.37.

Quite possible they are out of stock; just reporting what their website said.

Sounds like Midsouth has better price, as I expect that Midway also charges shipping, unless their retail price is inflated enough to cover it.

Back