Uberti Colt 1860 Army 45 LC conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike in Oz said:
G'day all,

I'm going to g take a look at one of the above on Wednesday, but i know bugger all about reloading cartridges with black powder or BP substitute.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a simple how to please?

Cheers in advance!  :D
Hogdkin has a freebie manual on reloading data for Pyrodex and Triple 7. I've got the page scanned that has the cartridge data and already attached to an email. Send me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Regards,

if you can find trail boss where you are you will love it. if you can use a 60 thousands thick wad between your bullet and powder no matter what powder you use you will not ever have any gas cutting or leading in you barrel. black horn 209 powder is real good also but cost a arm and a leg. as to the cowboy revolvers i have they perform best with the smallest bullet in length and weight you can find. i got a 1000 rounds from a guy in oregon that is the same as a round ball in length but it has a straight behind like a regular bullet. he even sells them powder coated so no lube is needed. im using trail boss, a wad and these bullets. they shoot perfectly in my cowboy revolvers with out much recoil at all. they snap out their real well so they speak with authority but are still fun to shoot. i load the case full behind these bullets with trail boss.

Back