Walmart CVA muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's your longer barreled model - exactly and yes it is nitrided. OPTIMA LR TH CERA/TIMBER SCOPE

The other one isn't shown on the CVA website but it is obviously not nitrided or cerakoted. Stop being confused, they will both likely be very good rifles.
Nitride treatment is a nice touch but it's hard to beat good stainless steel without any special treatment. In fact, I prefer it.
Thank you very much.

I always had good CS from CVA. As for the comment perhaps what the rep meant was different triggers and carbon steel vs stainless. This would make sense if Walmart and CVA had a contract at a specified price per unit and CVA would provide different yet functional components to fit that price guide. This would all have to be stated in the contract.

CVAs new cerakote models are cerakote over nitride stainless.

Occasionally some places do get models that are specific to that retailer. Such as Sportmans had light contour Knight Bighorn 45cal rifles at one time. They made them from what looked like old Elite 45 barreled actions. I never saw anyone else sell it.

Either way cva has an amazing customer support I bought one a few years back working at a pawnshop the barrel ones I cleaned it had pitting they told me to take it apart send them the gun and they'd replace the barrel they ended up replacing the entire gun with the newer model . The company that makes cva barrels actually makes really good barrels .also there is a swap for the breach plugs , there is also Hankins custom muzzle loader you can see if he makes a custom breach plug for you if not he may direct you to another person that can .

I have the same rifle. It is a CVA Optima V2 50 cal Long Range nitride rifle. They have 28 inch barrels. Mine said it on the box and barrel. U got a good deal on that rifle. Walmart does sale that rifle.

Yes i have been looking at a accura 45 cal LR with a 30 inch barrel. Never owned a 45 cal. I would like to get one.
I think its in 50cal to but I have heard the 45cal is faster and flater and bit more verity in bullets so iv heard and read not entirely sure how much is true about that some with a 45call will have to chim in on this if dont mind pleas

Latest posts

Back