Weaver Grand Slam Top Mount Rings.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal45

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Grand Slam top mount bases and rings almost two months ago. I mounted the bases on my Savage 10MLII with no problems. When I tried to tighten one ring up on my scope it felt like stripped threads. Come to find that one hole in one ring was over bored and shallow threaded. Sent them back to Weaver and waited 3 weeks for replacements to arrive. Had same problem with replacements. :x Waiting to see if Weaver goes three for three. :wink: I don't recommend them unless you like being frustrated with faulty product. In the conversations with Weaver they never admitted to having a production or quality control problem. :?

Sorry to hear that, I have had mine for over a year and have not had any problems on my 10ML-II's.

I wonder if they had a bad production run recently.

If so, might want to look at the warne bases. I have read a lot good things on this forum about them.

Nothing at all wrong with Weaver Grand Slam bases cause their made by Warne. But I wouldn't use anything but Warne rings.

I HAVE had packaging problems with Warne products on two occasions which was mismatched bases...one correct base and one for what I have no idea... Other than that I've had good luck with the Leupold QR-Ws, Warne Maxima, and Weaver Grand Slam bases/rings..

Back