Weighing BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is that the digital scales can drift on you. You need to double check them often. The battery powered ones tend to drift more than the AC powered ones too. I wound up using balance scale to doublecheck against the digital scales. I tend to use volume measurements with black powder guns more though. It is easy to make a powder measure for them too. I can use weight to determine the volume needed for the charge I want. Unless I am trying for best accuracy target shooting then volume works just fine for hunting etc.
I use a UPS with line conditioning on my benches. My two FX-120i scales are stable and safe, after 45 minutes of warm up, for days during a reloading binge. I gaffed off the 50 & 100 gram weights that came with them and purchase four calibration weights from Rice Lake: 2g & 3g Class 00 (because of my many loads in that range) and 50g & 100g Class 0 to calibrate the two scales.

Last edited:
Back