What Bullet is everyone using ?

Discussion in 'Inline Muzzleloading' started by chuck116, Nov 7, 2019.

Modern Muzzleloader

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

1. Nov 13, 2019 #121

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Thanks for the info!
    I’ve been to bull shop’s website, and after being there I have no idea what he has or how to obtain it.i wouldn’t even know what style bullet to convey to him over a phone call.

2. Nov 13, 2019 #122

MrTom

MrTom

MrTom

This topic creates some really interesting reading. Nobody's entirely right and nobody is entirely wrong. People have different guns and different shooting styles and shoot different propellants so its only fair that they shoot different bullets. What's interesting is how many bullets can be shot from a single gun accurately. With my Accrua I can shoot two weights of XTP's in two different calibers, two weights of Deep Curls, two weights of Swift A-Frames and at least one weight of Barnes Xpanders using the same powder charge and get equal accuracy from all of them.

I've had such outstand success with the XTPs that it was hard for me to try the Barnes this fall., but the Barnes did exactly what has been touted about them. The XTP's have pretty much been drop on the spot with only a couple exceptions. I'll stay with the Barnes in Accura until they give me a reason to go back to the XTPs. I'm trying to stay ahead of the anti-lead bullet movement, which I think is coming like it or not.

Regardless, this has been an interesting thread.

Sideshow, chuck116 and talon_dfa like this.
  3. Nov 13, 2019 #123

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

I Agree! I have only purchased from them 1 time, and that was a Few years ago (I cast all of my Own Bullets) i ended up Emailing back n Forth with Tina (Dan’s Wife) They didn’t even have a Phone Contact then, maybe stil don’t? There was No way to Pay online, i had to Send a Money Order for the Product i ordered. So i FULLY agree that their Website was Not the Greatest. I haven’t been there in quite awhile, But doesn’t sound like it’s Changed?

If you take the time to get through to them, They are Good People, And offer AWESOME, TIME TESTED Products, Their Bullshop NASA Bullet Lube is the BEST Stuff i have EVER Used :lewis: When Making my Own Lubes, i am DILIGENT at trying to Mimic Their NASA Lube.

For .50 Cal, 1:28 Twist, The Bullet i Swear By is his 460 Grain, That is the Bullet i had Copied, my own Mold Made from. The Bullshop 460s that i Shot SO WELL were FULL Size, Bottom 2 Bands were .504, 3rd Band was .506, and the Top Band was .507-.508, BUT Dan will Size these to Whatever you want. Say your Bore is .501, a .502 Would be Good :lewis: My Bore was .501, i was able to Shove the FULL Size Bullet Down fine, it was a TIGHT Push, Sized to .502 Would have Been Better, More pleasurable to Load

4. Nov 13, 2019 #124

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

Bottom Bullet, 504 460 NEX Mountain Mold

https://bullshop.weebly.com/blackpowder.html

5. Nov 13, 2019 #125

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Administrator Staff Member ADMIN Global Moderator

6. Nov 13, 2019 #126

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

thank you!

7. Nov 13, 2019 #127

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

8. Nov 13, 2019 #128

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

Yep! At least they Did, You might ask to make sure? The ones i got were Lubed with his NASA Lube

This was a QUICK Short Range Test, 50-60 Yards with the Original Bullshop 460s WAY Back when i first Shot them
    [​IMG]

I shot this 3 Shot Group, saved the 4th Bullet to Send away and have it Copied, a Mold of mine Made :lewis: This was Shot with my Old Stainless 50 GM LRH, Open sights. This particular Barrel was FINICKY, But Came ALIVE with these Bullshop 460s :lewis: I have Since Shot this Bullet a LOT, it is definitely 1 of TOP DOG .50 Cal Bullets! Dan did a Great Job designing this Bullet, Mountain Molds here in Cottonwood Idaho is who Custom made it for him years ago
    [​IMG]

9. Nov 13, 2019 #129

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Have you tried shooting these without a wad? It becomes a little tedious while hunting

10. Nov 13, 2019 #130

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

I shoot an 1/8” Wool Felt Wad with ALL of my Grease Groove Bullets, It’s a Step that I simply deal with :lewis:

The ONLY time i have ever had Barrel Leading issues is when i Chose to NOT use a Wad Behind the Bullet. REMEMBER, The Bullet Base is What Steers the Bullet, Why Set Fire against it? Take the Extra Few Seconds and place an 1/8” Wool Felt Wad under the Bullet Base to PROTECT it
    [​IMG]

11. Nov 13, 2019 #131

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

michiganmuzzy likes this.
  12. Nov 13, 2019 #132

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

that’s a great idea, I don’t mind prepping stuff ahead of time to hunt.
    It’s kinda funny, my sudden interest in other Bullets for my setup came from going to powerbelts webste and noticing they don’t have their .444 bullet any longer.

13. Nov 13, 2019 #133

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Not sure how well it will work with a fiber/veggie wad as far as releasing when fired but it works fine for wool wads. IIRC i just used Alox. No need to heat it up. Its a liquid and then dries. Takes a little while for it to dry though. I used some small ammo boxes. Might have been 45acp boxes to store them.

14. Nov 13, 2019 #134

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

I’ll have to try it.
    My speed holders might not work with the wad end exposed, I’ll try it and see how it works.

15. Nov 13, 2019 #135

talon_dfa

talon_dfa

talon_dfa

I feel ya... Just saying it's coming, esp. on public (Fed) lands... so probably smart to find alternatives that work.

You are right about eagles and other raptors and birds being killed by windmills, but problem of lead ingestion is real and appears to be more common than we thought. I wish we could do what the f*** we want and still keep our wild places and wild things, but with people still growing and developing and everything else shrinking, we can't.

I am an ex falconer and a raptor biologist, so I know a little bit and I do care about these things...
    If I can do a little good, so be it... Maybe I am a "doogooder"...

Minn. study slanted? Maybe... Lead frags are in the meat, eat lead at your own risk... I don't because copper works for me... Probably get enough Mercury from the fish I eat... and enough glyphosate from everything else... and turning into an old woman because everything comes in plastic...

16. Nov 13, 2019 #136

flounder

flounder

flounder

The study was using high powered rifles with velocities that exceed what us conical users are shooting at. As far as whether you are turning into an old woman, I cannot make that judgement based on the data I have available at this time.

17. Nov 14, 2019 #137

flounder

flounder

flounder

When people in a hunting forum take the side of the anti's we are all in trouble.

Sideshow, dragonfly and knightnut2000 like this.
  18. Nov 15, 2019 #138

turbocc

turbocc

turbocc

275 grain bloodline

phenix78_99 and SWAMPTHING like this.
  19. Nov 24, 2019 #139

talon_dfa

talon_dfa

talon_dfa

Just care about the wild places we hunt and the wild things (whether hunted or not) as I care about hunting... I will hunt until I can no longer climb the mountain... Hunting is Conservation... Hunters will save hunting. If "anti's" need education, who will do it?... They just need to "know" what we know... We can all learn more and do better...

Sideshow likes this.
  20. Nov 24, 2019 #140

sabotloader

sabotloader

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast Supporter

In my mind that is a extremely good bullet. Tremendous 'Terminal Performance' and a great 'universal' bullet for deer, bear, and elk

This is a picture of the slightly larger 300 gr Bloodline. The 275 is about the same thing but with less weight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

phenix78_99 and Sideshow like this.