What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I snagged some New Old Stock:

Thompson Center Impact SB 50 Caliber Package​

Verified Member FFL
CFStore A(334)
Add Favorite Seller
Seller's Other Items
New Old Stock Condition
FFL is not required
Ask Seller a Question
Watching

Immediate Checkout - Credit Card
3.5% Credit Card Fee
Current Bid
$399.99
Starting Bid
$399.99
Buy Now Price Was
$499.99
No Reserve!
1 Bids Bid History
Time Left 15 min rule
Item has Ended
Ending Time
3/10/2023 11:27 AM

Had to do something on my late brother's birthday.

So, yesterday I stripped down my new to me DISC 50ca. Started as a puzzle wondering if I could use an Extreme bolt body and a an SSK adaptor and BP to convert to Bare Primer. Seems like I can !! As with all that stuff once I started pulling the bolt apart next the trigger came off for a clean , then the sights, then the action got cleaned up too. It amazes me how some people seem to think that stainless guns require zero cleaning and oiling.

Today I'm fitting a set of Warne bases to my MK85 and hunting for a set of Warne 826M bases for the DISC. Finding a set in Canada is going to be tough and I think I'll end up buying straight from Warne. If I get time I am going to make new detent pins for both my DISC & DISC Extreme. The Quick release detent pins that Knight produces now are great but by the time they cross the boarder to me they are gonna come in at 30 bucks apiece and I gotta drill & Tap to fit them. I'm tight and a bag of 10/32 Allen screws is cheap!!

If I get time I'm heading to the range, have a great day!!

Got another Lehigh plug for my eLite and one of the 45cal loading jags. Checkout was strange too because i got a $7.95 discount and the shipping was exactly that much. When it got here yesterday the invoice had the same "discount" and i got no idea why. :D

Got another Lehigh plug for my eLite and one of the 45cal loading jags. Checkout was strange too because i got a $7.95 discount and the shipping was exactly that much. When it got here yesterday the invoice had the same "discount" and i got no idea why. :D
I got the same thing with the last order I had from SSK. No idea why either but it was greatly appreciated!

After I got my Omega stock from Boyds I knew I did not like the width of the forend.The more I handled it the less and less I liked it.Like holding a 4x4 board.So,I found some sand paper,0000 steel wool and some gun oil and went to work on it.I wrapped the sand paper around the forend and went to town back and forth.I kept feeling the fore end for the right feel and after 45 minutes got to where I felt real comfortable.Wiped it down with a gun cloth and went to town with the steel wool to smooth it out.Looked a little dull so I put the gun oil on the steel wool and worked it into the gun stock.Both sides are smooth to the touch and comfortable to hold now.Never know what you can do til you try it.Looks like it came straight from Boyds. :dance2:

Didn't get a chance to post the other day. I went to the range on Friday morning for a little while, even though it was pretty windy and chilly.
I fired off about 8 shots with my old CVA Mountain Stalker rifle.
PRB with 60 grains [V] of 3f Old Ensyford. For my last 3 shots I loaded up with the same charge and Hornady PA conicals. I really like those bullets. They are very accurate in my sidehammer guns.
When I'm shooting open sights, I like a larger target. I went to the Family Dollar Store in town and looked in the party section.
They sell paper plates in quite a few colors. I bought a pack of black ones. My old eyeballs can see those pretty good at distance and I feel pretty good about being able to put all my shots inside the 9 inch circle.
Talk about minute of paper plate.

Well I got the base out of the mail envelope. Kinda test fit the base on barrel. Supposed to be the new shorter version. The cantilever has to go toward muzzle end. A little mill work and it could be reversed. I just don't know how I feel about the cantilever part of the base. I think I'm going to mount it cantilever towards the muzzle and see how I like it. My Sightron 3-16x42 should be here Wednesday.

After checking the tracking status, the Sightron is still a couple days out. I came home and mounted the Talley base. I looked at it a few seconds. It's kinda growing on me. I can't wait to put the Sightron 3-16x42 on the Scout. It's gonna be sweet!!!!

Latest posts

Back