What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the bore on my under hammer and just realized I don't know how to clean a traditional gun,,, last time I put it up I thought I had the barrel spotless ran a patch down to the bottom hit a rough spot run the patch up and down a few times and man is a real crunchy bad place evidently I did not have the barrel clean as I thought, I got the spot cleaned up but I'm going to have to be a little bit more efficient at that ,,or put the mag spark on and start shooting Blackhorn.

Check the bore on my under hammer and just realized I don't know how to clean a traditional gun,,, last time I put it up I thought I had the barrel spotless ran a patch down to the bottom hit a rough spot run the patch up and down a few times and man is a real crunchy bad place evidently I did not have the barrel clean as I thought, I got the spot cleaned up but I'm going to have to be a little bit more efficient at that ,,or put the mag spark on and start shooting Blackhorn.
Part of my own routine is that when I have the barrel pretty much all done, I run an oiled patch down followed with the bore brush. Then another oil patch. It's amazing how much more black crud I pull out.
I end up running at least a dozen more dry patches before they come out clean.

Not today but yesterday....bought a Knight Tk2000.
At a gun store i frequent and apparently they have been there for months 2 identical NWTF edition ones, tucked in the corner just noticed. Walked out with one for 265.00, stoked to try it!

Shot the white with the .504” bullets knurled up. I used lee liquid alox after knurling them to hopefully protect bore from leading. I shot the gun a total of 12 times cleaning between shots. It shot very well at 50 yds, before the snow came. Is there any easier bullet lube out there that you can spray on, let dry and shoot? I also ordered a smaller diameter front sight from Ranger point precision, hopefully it doesn’t cover as much target..B6B9466D-B933-4944-BFB9-FAA80CCB5CEA.jpeg

I called Talley to check on my order, CVA rifle barrel scope base after about 5 days of sending them a money order. They are only about 2 1/2 hours away from me. They said they had received the money order a couple of days ago but it didn't have any information with it. They said they figured whoever sent it would call. I guess the piece of paper I wrote all the information on and put it in the envelope somehow magically disappeared. I guess the guy that I talked to, just a few days prior forgot, even though he sent 2 emails to me, called me back with more information, and had checked on if it was ok for me to send in a money order. He must have took off a few days off. Who knows????
Anyway.... hopefully it's on the way now.
The seller of the scope confirmed he received my money order. He said it would mailed tomorrow.

Shot the Paramount yesterday rebuild Woodman with 275 pitmans just testing some new primer setups did very well fixing to go back though to the 400 grain bullets with this particular Barrel it shot the Fury's excellent going to shoot the 400 grain Northern precision and the 84 grains of Black Horn this week or the next shooting session quick as the weather lets me I really think that I found something with both the fury 400 and the northern Precision 400 and 84 grains of Blackhorn and of course the 18 twist brux,,,, going to shoot it in a Krieger 18 twist too soon but so far in both of the brux barrels the Blackhorn load has just shot a glob and with the baffle muzzle brake the recoil has been very manageable I think there's something special about this combination with both of these bullets,, and I think both of these bullets have some tremendous hunting potential although I'm not there yet

weighed out some charges of Blackhorn 209
Sized some Parker and Pittman's along with my own cast green booger bullets made more 40-290 SG's cast, powder coated with translucent cooper and waiting till I can shoot tomorrow today is my wife's day away and tomorrow is mine

Placed on March 11, 2023 at 4:19:02 PM EST

Billing Info​

David S
United States

Shipping Info​

David S
United States

Payment Method​

PayPal Express Checkout
Payer Emaildavidds@

Shipping Method​

Shipping Table Rates - STANDARD SHIPPING (3-5 BUSINESS DAYS)
Comments
Shipping Address is my Place of Employment.
����
ItemsQtyPrice
Thompson Center (T/C) Encore, Omega, Triumph, Impact Picatinny Rail 0 MOA
SKU: 46900
Extra Torx Screws and BitYes please! Extra screws are always handy.
1$34.99
Subtotal$34.99
Shipping & Handling$11.00
Tax$3.56
Grand Total$49.55

215-538-1012
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9AM to 5PM (Wednesday: 9AM-7:30PM).
EGW Guns
52 Belmont Ave
Quakertown, Pennsylvania 18951,
United States

Back