What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got started early this morning, cut deer antler long tine off. I got it cleaned up n tip cut flat. Took drill bit put a nice dimple in the flat n made a short starter for my .40 cal Under-Hammer. In the future i will drill the other end to make a powder measure for the load i find accurate for Bushytail hunting.

I don't know if that's the one that I tried but it's been 7 or 8 years ago since I Cera coated back then there was another one that was just an air cure ,and in my guns it did not hold up as good ,I don't know if it was the dutycote. I am a big fan of ceracoat ,, I like the idea of both having a nitride and a cerakote on the same gun.

There is a product called Dutykote. No oven cure required, just air. Supposed to be a better product vs cerakote.
I’ve looked at Dutykote. There just isn’t much info (reviews) out there on it. Surprisingly, if it’s as good as the manufacturer says it is. I’d like to know if anyone has actually used it.

I finished up cleaning my Rug Rat 45 X 25" X 15/16" kids rifle. You see, it fits me perfectly and weighs 6 lbs 2 oz. And let me tell you it is really nice.

Yeah, I do the same thing. But, the goad here is to get the ramrod out a little further so it doesn’t hit the brake. Seems perfect now.
Ahh Haa! I knew there was a perfectly logical reason for it.
I think if that issue presents a prob on my Omega builds, I’m going to ask to get a spacer made for the ferrule or a custom-made ferrule to resolve it.
I swear, it’s just my nature that that barrel band being there irks me big time. In my head, I see something that does not belong there.
But, yes, your ramrod looks good to go now bc of that.
It’s like why I don’t like to have a rail & big honkin scope mounts when DNZ mounts right to the receiver or the barrel & blends right in with the scope. Same for a bigazz muzzle brake, looking like it belongs on a Howitzer or a beer can on the end of a pencil. When cutting it down a hair & chamfering it to the barrel, doesn’t bother me at all.
I guess this kind of mindset made me a damn good fabricator for a living.

Last edited:
Took my knew to me TC thunderhawk out this morning for the second time.
Shooting at this black paper plate at 50 yards.
PRB. Started at 70 grains v up to 90.
A few wandering shots but not horrible.
I've ordered some Harvester Scorpions, 260 grains from Muzzle-Loaders.com
I look forward to trying those.

Attachments

• 20230723_200242.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
Took my knew to me TC thunderhawk out this morning for the second time.
Shooting at this black paper plate at 50 yards.
PRB. Started at 70 grains v up to 90.
A few wandering shots but not horrible.
I've ordered some Harvester Scorpions, 260 grains from Muzzle-Loaders.com
I look forward to trying those.
Lots of holes in the black. How would those 240 grain ballets do?

Latest posts

Back