What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made of mess of the dinnete table. Luckily the wife hasn't noticed yet. Note: Be careful cleaning your firearms on the table. Lol 😆

View attachment 38707

Oh well. Add another thing to the never ending list of things to do. I gotta get packed and ready for deer opener first. Priorities right.
RUH ROH Shaggy looks like a good time to get the wife a nice new table cloth huh.

RUH ROH Shaggy looks like a good time to get the wife a nice new table cloth huh.
Not a bad idea honestly. But I'll just sand it down a bit and rub some stain on it. She's already blamed the kid and buying a cheap table. She's still half out of it after going out with the girls ALL night and morning. So I'm good.. No guns were cleaned on the dining table in the making of this post.. 😆

Not a bad idea honestly. But I'll just sand it down a bit and rub some stain on it. She's already blamed the kid and buying a cheap table. She's still half out of it after going out with the girls ALL night and morning. So I'm good.. No guns were cleaned on the dining table in the making of this post.. 😆
She’s already blamed the kid & spent her own money to buy a cheap replacement. Boy, you got yourself keeper right there. That’s one thing about always havin my own place & a bunch of cheap hand me down stuff, it’s my crap, it’s not worth much, and she has no right to complain about that & if she don’t like it she can go live somewhere else with a guy that don’t clean his guns on the supper table. It’s ok!

Tried to sight in my new to me .52 knight and ran out of scope adjustment. I changed the rings around some and measured out a few loads of bh209. Hoping to get it lined out before gun season. Getting dark at 5pm stinks for shooting after work.
Idk if you bore site or not, i have a couple ( Bushnell Magnetic Boresighter, Scope Alignment Boresight Tool Amazon.com ) and do it when i mount a scope and rings but also a quick check before the shooting session just to be sure.

Got a present in the mail from Mark woodman, an Omega brux barrel/1.1” shank. If this thing shoots as good as it looks it will be a one hole shooter!!View attachment 38740View attachment 38741. Where can a fellow purchase a set of these barrel bedding tools..?

I see a nasty lil scuff on the underside of that barrel. You should send it to me. I'll take that beautiful blemished barrel off your hands.

Congrats buddy

I got a new Custom BP from Hankin's with the Bushing n set screw. Seated it in my NEF .45 sml. sighted it in this morning. 2 shots cut each other at 25 yards 1" high. So i set my target at 1oo yards shot once, hit 7" high centered about target dot. So i dropped it 16 clicks, leaving 3" high. Should work well out to 150 yards. My 209's are very tigh in pocket n i have to use needle nose pliers to twist it out. I suppose after the seasons are over, i can sand the pocket enough to make it easier to get spent 209 out. Have only saw the fat Spike opening morning, have 6 more days left to get a good Buck in this season.

I got a new Custom BP from Hankin's with the Bushing n set screw. Seated it in my NEF .45 sml. sighted it in this morning. 2 shots cut each other at 25 yards 1" high. So i set my target at 1oo yards shot once, hit 7" high centered about target dot. So i dropped it 16 clicks, leaving 3" high. Should work well out to 150 yards. My 209's are very tigh in pocket n i have to use needle nose pliers to twist it out. I suppose after the seasons are over, i can sand the pocket enough to make it easier to get spent 209 out. Have only saw the fat Spike opening morning, have 6 more days left to get a good Buck in this season.
Good hunting & git R done my friend

I got the Optima pistol all scrubbed up nice and stowed in the hard case. The Patriot got a good wiping down and out as well. With the regular deer season wrapped up for me I'll be hitting the club again soon, so the Patriot won't stay clean long.... nor with that pistol. lol

I'm still pondering the muzzy season and if I bend and get the license the Accura will go to the woods. Got some time to think about that though.

While shuffling thru the guns and shooting goodies this afternoon I discovered two more 24 packs of 225 grain, .429 XPBs sitting behind a bag full of bottle rockets. Damn this old mind.

I received my new SSK bare primer BP and adapters for my new Disc Extrm. Installed them and everything fit like a charm. I also installed my new Williams WGRS Legend peep. This thing is starting to come together. No shooting until after the current hunting seasons close.

I checked the USPS Tracking website about 500 times looking to see if my new White .451 was going to arrive today. Sadly, they were overly optimistic about its journey. Maybe tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back