What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my Knight mountaineer 45sml all apart,cleaned it all up and made up some vials.Shooting h4198 powder,hlbs,hornaday sst 200 grain bullet and fed 209a primer.Trying to get to the range one day this week before season opens Sat.Made 8 vials,but will probably need only 3 to sight in.I forgot to mention I weighed out the powder at 55 grains.

Finished up my Omega build. Went real well thankx to a friend here. I glass bedded the barrel lugs after the inletting process so that there was no torque on the action when tightened up. I must say that it fits rock solid. Put a sightron 3-14x42 with Warren steel rings on it. Gotta size up some 275 grain fury black tips. 58-60 gIMG_3383.jpegIMG_3378.jpegIMG_3377.jpegIMG_3373.jpegrains of n120, veggie wad, 209 primer…IMG_3382.jpeg

I weighed up 25) 5ml tubes of N110
Knurled up 25 .40 195g Barnes Expanders
Then Anonymouscowherd came up & picked me up & we went scouting in the Osceola National Forest for hogs. We had a great time, but much of where we went was under water. We walked into a few jeep/4 wheeler trails but did not see any deer or hog sign anywhere. Getting off the trail in there was not funny at all. Seriously hard goin.
We have plans to expand our hunt for a place to go for hogs.
Tomorrow I’ll hit my range & work from 100yds out with these Barnes. And finally get to chrony this load.

Finished up my Omega build. Went real well thankx to a friend here. I glass bedded the barrel lugs after the inletting process so that there was no torque on the action when tightened up. I must say that it fits rock solid. Put a sightron 3-14x42 with Warren steel rings on it. Gotta size up some 275 grain fury black tips. 58-60 gView attachment 39254View attachment 39255View attachment 39256View attachment 39257rains of n120, veggie wad, 209 primer…View attachment 39253
Nice choice for the stock & nice job on it. Now it’s time to make some noise huh. You’re gonna be grinning from ear to ear when you shoot that.

Took my Knight mountaineer 45sml all apart,cleaned it all up and made up some vials.Shooting h4198 powder,hlbs,hornaday sst 200 grain bullet and fed 209a primer.Trying to get to the range one day this week before season opens Sat.Made 8 vials,but will probably need only 3 to sight in.I forgot to mention I weighed out the powder at 55 grains.
Tell me more about this Smokeless knight

Shorty, that is a fine looking gun. Finally a smoker with an actual wood stock, not plastic or a laminate, and its beautiful.
Thank you MrTom, I think that the solid walnut may be better for the build as it was easier for me to work with and stronger at specific spots. I also like walnut in non gloss look.

Finished up my Omega build. Went real well thankx to a friend here. I glass bedded the barrel lugs after the inletting process so that there was no torque on the action when tightened up. I must say that it fits rock solid. Put a sightron 3-14x42 with Warren steel rings on it. Gotta size up some 275 grain fury black tips. 58-60 gView attachment 39254View attachment 39255View attachment 39256View attachment 39257rains of n120, veggie wad, 209 primer…View attachment 39253
I love the wood stock on your Omega build, Shorty. While synthetics have some practical advantages, and my primary modern centerfire big game rifle is an Accustocked Savage Weather Warrior in .308 Win, my favorite guns all wear oil-finished walnut. In addition to the natural beauty, all but the worst nicks, dings, and scratches can be healed by a few minutes of hand rubbing with more oil, and oil is surprisingly weather-resistant, too. I have an oil-finished Weatherby Orion 12 gage OU (made by SKB of Japan) that's been subjected to the very worst of duck and goose hunting abuse ever since I bought it in 1995.
The metal shows lots of wear and scratches, but the stock still looks nearly perfect.

I got a ground to fit onto the pecan stock today and ground it down to start finishing I'm not sure what it is I think it was a trap and skeet butt pad it was something that I lucked up on in a gun shop that was big enough to go on to the back of this fat stock,,1 if you have a fat stock and you're trying to find a recoil pad it's not as easy as it seems a lot of people advertise them but not many actually have them available

Attachments

• 20231205_122141.jpg
    20231205_122141.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Ready for some range time to break in the Brux Omega. Just need some time and decent weather. Cleaned out the bore with kroil oil today. That cosmoline is tough stuff, 21 patches and bore brushing i was finally content. Got the cheeck piece installed to my eye height. IMG_3388.jpegNow for a few break in loads at twenty five yards.

Latest posts

Back