What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my Omega woodman 45 sml barrel with muzzle brake to a friend of mine that owns a machine shop.He has been in business for over 50 years.I had him measure theI.D. of the brake which came to .500 and since I am going to shoot sabots I also had him measure the o.s.diameter of a hlbs with a 200 grain sst bullet and it was.455.Now I know more about what I am doing.The gun is all set to go if I can only find someprimers.Not much here and if so they run for $20.00 per hundred.

It’s about perfect weather to leave them hang for a couple of days outside. I just dropped mine off at the processor, the people in my subdivision might string me up if I had a deer hanging outside. I stopped and talked to a guy in the next subdivision over a few years back when he was skinning one in a tree in his back yard. He said people were stopping and cursing him. He said he even got a visit from the city police.
the people that complain about a deer hanging in your own back yard should take a tour of a meat processing plant and see how the meat they purchase at the grocery store is handled.I knew someone who worked at a meat packing company that said if you saw how hot dogs were made you would never eat one.

the people that complain about a deer hanging in your own back yard should take a tour of a meat processing plant and see how the meat they purchase at the grocery store is handled.I knew someone who worked at a meat packing company that said if you saw how hot dogs were made you would never eat one.

I’ve heard that before about hot dogs. I will never watch a video of or go to a meat processing plant, because hot dogs are a staple around my house.

No kidding. I hang deer in the garage but have on several occasions skinned and butchered hogs in the driveway and have had the leos stop by and mostly women whine about the process. I told one of the cops its a simple thing.... tell the fools to watch the cars, not me.

And as for the hot dogs, my grandmother, she died at 112 years of age and I was holding her hand when she took her final breath, told me once that hot dogs were made of tits, toes and twats. I can still hear her laughing at me after saying that.

El D.

Ron did his test for me back in Sep 22 on those 395 gr bullets. Link below.

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/hornady-395g-sub-x-bullet.42275/
I got them to shoot pretty good in my Omega but haven't shot anything with them yet.

John
Yes, I recalled reading that John and just looked at that test again today. I’m going to try them sized in an 18 twist McGowen and maybe saboted in a fast twist .50 this summer. I’m gonna shoot them with smokeless. Assume you’re shooting them with Bh209 or 77?

El D.,

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the prior test and results. Would be a good comparison test as we were only able to get them stabilized when using a sabot in a 50 cal Omega. I ended up using 90gr by Volume of BH209 and got 3/4in accuracy at 75yds. I couldn't shoot any further at my place at the time. Ran them for muzzleloader season last year but didn't get a shot. I wonder now how they'd do in my 45 cal MR-X or Traditions Pursuit. Hmmmm. Looking forward to your tests later this year.

John

My pops worked on the kill floor of a packing plant in college. I grew up working the breed to wean hog farm. Some people just can't handle being around death. Soft constitution.

Fwiw, the old man can still bone out a deer in the blink of an eye. He can do 2 to my one, and he's 20yrs older than me!

Chased a little buck and a doe last night. Had the buck dead to rights. He was only a little 3yo, so he got the pass. His girlfriend was smarter and gave me the slip. Headed out now to see if I can't get her hanging here shortly.

Chased a little buck and a doe last night. Had the buck dead to rights. He was only a little 3yo, so he got the pass. His girlfriend was smarter and gave me the slip. Headed out now to see if I can't get her hanging here shortly.
Sounds like me, I have 1 buck tag left and I’m only interested in one buck on my place I’ve got pics of him the last 3 years. I seen him once in early muzzy than again late muzzy. Never had a shot opportunity. Then he vanishes till next year..

Latest posts

Back